Covid 19

Posted , 7 users are following.

Could taking Losartan mitigate( lessen) the effect of being infected by COVID 19. if you are infected . It seems it does

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This is not my post it was put on line by someone interested in the hypertension connection

I happened to run into a chap who I had gone to University with - low these many decades ago - and he (now a virologist) told me some interesting things about the current Coronavirus/Covid-19 situation that is currently gripping our globe. He is in fact currently working on this.

(i) There is some doubt about the current test it seems - but then there is a lot of doubt in general it appears over the entire subject at present.

(ii) He said - based on the articulated findings from China - that a common denominator in the deaths was hypertension. They currently believe this is key in the transference from Covid-19 to ARDS - and it is the latter which brings on - as I understood it from what he said - the increase in mortality.

My Question - and one I haven't really been able to get answered is this:

IF YOU HAVE HBP (and I've had genetic hypertension for decades - my own father having died at 42 because of it when I was nine - but have taken medication which has successfully controlled that same for 44 years) THAT IS KEPT UNDER CONTROL BY MEDICATION ARE YOU STILL IN THE HEIGHTENED VULNERABILITY CATEGORY FOR CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 BY VIRTUE OF THE CORE HYPERTENSION?

Does anyone know??? ... or does anyone know where I might go to get this query answered.

I would be most very grateful to hear.

• Posted

Hi derek, could taking extra aspirin help with ARDS. or Sepsis. ??

• Posted

My neighbour's relatives live in Australia. One of their friends contracted the virus and was seriously ill and has been given Chloroquine (an anti malarial/HIV medication) which apparently stopped the virus in its tracks. Doctors out there are trialling this drug on other covid19 patients, several of which have also seen significant benefits. Chloroquine is available over the counter in the UK but pharmacists will only sell it if you can prove you are travelling to one of the countries where it will be effective as an anti malarial prevention method. I tried finding anything online about it being used in the UK to treat the current corona virus - nada, nothing. Wondering how we can get our health service to step up to the plate on trying out anything whatsoever that is likely to help!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.