COVID-19 and past pneumonia

Posted , 4 users are following.

*Are there any medical professionals on here that could advise?

*I have contacted my GP about this, but they won't give me any advice. *

I'm a frontline NHS worker, I'm 23 and over summer last year I had double pneumonia, acute bronchitis and pleurisy. Since then I've had several chest infections following this.

Also have reoccurring UTIs and pyelonephritis.

Safe to say, like everyone else. I am well and truly petrified of getting this COVID-19.

I've had to do a risk assessment out at work to see if I'm fit for work or if I have to self isolate. I'm awaiting for feedback, but for now they've put me on permanent nights due to less contact with patients.

I also live at home with my dad who is over 70 with coronary heart disease, and my mum who has chronic kidney disease. My partner lives with me also, he is classed as a key worker.

Other than the basic hygiene concepts, and eating right. Do I try and contact my GP next week once they've sent out letters to the most vulnerable, for advice? Part of me believes I'm partially at risk still and want to know if there's any precautions I can take.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i personally think that you should take much more care of yourself at this current situation. you also need to take leave from work and rest at home. have food and medications on time and get good sleep. you should visit your GP with sheduled appointments and have proper check ups. please avoid exposure to people due to high risk of COVID-19. According to ur symtoms, you should inhale eucalyptus vaporisation twice in a day for 10 mins. This might help you with your breathing issues.

if you wish to talk more, Contact me on my instagram id : Partho_cr7_

• Posted

Have you been tested for Bronchiectasis, I had all your symptoms for years before being diagnosed, can be usually seen on a CT scan.Definitely self isolate.

• Posted

Thanks both, I'll try and see if I can at least have a telephone consultation with my GP as my chest hurts today. I had pneumonia last year whilst on holiday in Cyprus, I got it completely out the blue - I never had any chest infections, apart from pleurisy about 8 years ago. So I've had pleurisy twice now.

My manager has given me the option to self isolate for as long as I want, but I'd rather be told that I have to by my GP, hence why I wanted some advice. I know they're busy with sorting the more high risk patients out, so I'll give them a week or so. Tomorrow I'll contact occupational health and see if they're any good. Just absolutely awful when anxieties are high, and you can't get any reassurance, I'm sure everyone is feeling this way.

• Posted

The letters and texts should have been sent out at the beginning of this week, I know 2 people who have received them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.