COVID VACCINE

Posted , 6 users are following.

HELLO EVERYONE

anyone got the vaccine?or is planing to,i want to take it but i am a bit scared of the side effects

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi - I was just about to post the same message as you as I'm unsure what to do either! I've had ME/CFS for 25 years and also have allergies but am terrified that I'll have an allergic reaction to the vaccine or that it will give me a bad relapse of my ME. It would be great to get some comments from people to hear how the vaccine affected them.

• Edited

The first thing I would say is that I would strongly encourage you to take the vaccine. If you are prone to chronic fatigue then it seems likely Covid-19 could hit you hard and I have heard accounts of 'long Covid' and that sounds awful.

I had the vaccine 5 days ago and was fit an well but I'm now on day 5 of a new bout of post viral fatigue. I have suffered with post viral fatigue on numerous occasions in the past but not for the last 5 years, so this was a bit unexpected. However I have no regrets about being vaccinated.

There is an article here about one journalist's experience of side effects: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56375307 and I would agree it would be better to raise awareness.

Is anyone else who is prone to post viral fatigue suffering after taking the vaccine ?

• Posted

Hi there.

I recently got my first Covid vaccination and the side effects show quite obviously on me. About 8 hours after the vaccination, I began to have flu-like symptoms such as feeling cold, body aches which developed into a really bad one in the following 12 hours along with a fever. Too painful to fall asleep, which lasted till the second day afternoon. While there were no signs of cough or nose symptoms. I felt pretty tired unable to do any simple job and still cannot walk stably. I presume this fatigue is a part of my ME which will last for a long time. Not easy though, I believe the vaccination is very valuable to me and I am happy to do the second one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.