Covid19 and Gastrointest problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone heard of anybody with the above symptoms. i am suffering and am not sure if i can survive. there doesnt seem to be any cure. if anyone knows anything would they please help me.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What symptoms are you actually having? sickness, diarrhea, nausea?

• Posted

terrible feeling of nausea and terribly unwell. My husband will try to get through to the doctor tomorrow to see if there is anything he could prescribe to get me through this phase. it is now day 16 and I cant bear it anymore. thanks for asking.

• Posted

I had 2 aunts that both had covid and both had very different symptoms. One had the respratory issues and the other had the gastro issues. Have you tried drinking ginger?

• Posted

yes but it didnt help much.. May I ask the age of your aunts. Unfortunately I am 84 and dont think I have much of a chance. I would also like to know how long the gastro one lasted. I am desperate feeling so bad.

• Posted

day 16 seems like a lifetime but is still early days...... im sure you will improve. perhaps a PPI will help the nausea, ask your doctor asap. ive been suffering a terrible feeling of nausea ( like a contracting feeling in stomach, queasy very unwell) fir many months. It has gotten so much better but so slowly. The PPI helped a lot. I hope you get well soon, have faith...

• Posted

Please what do you mean by PPI. It really does help to be in contact with other sufferers. Thanks for posting. I have honestly thought i hoped to die I am feeling so bad.

• Posted

a PPI stands for proton pump inhibitor which is a medication that stops your stomach from making acid. Hang in there, I -am sure it will improve even though it doesnt seem fast enough. Take care and let us know how you are

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.