Cow Pat Stool

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there, for some time now I have been having cow pat type stool, it tend to be on and off, when passing it, it feels solid only when i glance down i notice its like cow pat. I cant really say its diarrhea as it is normal colour and has defined edge ie not mixed in with the water already in the toilet bowl. It this something to worry about, I have been stressed alot over the last few months and have smoked alot of cigarettes? Any advise would be appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Rob,

Have you tried cutting out dairy products from your diet? Many people cannot tolerate basically what is 'infant cow breast milk'....meant ONLY for calves. To replace milk in your coffee (which can cause loose stools too btw) buy delicious almond milk....unsweetened. It's great in tea too. I myself cannot tolerate any dairy products. 

Robin

• Posted

Very common, Rob, I get it myself, especially when my IBS is flaring.   Do you need to go the toilet  a lot?  I understand that diarrhoea can be classed as not just loose, watery stools, but also frequency.  That is how it affects me and stress will definitely make things worse.  Perhaps a trip to your doctor could rule out any other causes and give you peace of mind? 
  • Posted

I'm currently ha ING investigations for Chrones I have been suffering from stomach problems for 18 months I do have derverticulitus disease and IBS flare ups I have had two endoscopes but now having camera cause procedure my small bowel.My poo ranges from urgent cramps followed by Diarrhoea or normal poo then thin stringy poo Then this morning have cow pat urgent toilet poo There's no reason for all this different poo Mines followed before by pain except when I poo cow Pats If your worried you need to see your doctor Reason may be a food intolerant I don't know what to eat but I'm.really careful what I eat. I only drink gluten. free milknow and avoid bread spices sweet corn.and mushrooms I think allergic to I think I need to ask for skin.tests intolerance Reason because I think could saved the NHS money something they have notv even suggested I'm so fed up I love my food but I'm scared to eat anything before I go out which is stressful. So embarrassing incase poo myself out always looking for a toilet I'm in the loo pooing all bloody day .
    • Posted

Hi Melekie. I know this is 5 months on, but did you find the solution to this problem. Mine has only just begun but very much the same as yours.It has only started since I had pelvic floor repair and combined with bad gastric reflux it's becoming a nightmare. I'm also afraid to eat because I'm not sure what upsets me and what doesn't. I have to eat as not allowed to get constipated re surgery success. Any advice would be welcome . Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.