Coxsackie, parvo results and other

Posted , 2 users are following.

Got multiple things, thought I'd just post here I guess. If there's a suggestion what to put where, I'd appreciate it.

42, M, 5'11", about 200lb, active. Got the following test results, below. Very brief health history. Pneumonia multiple times (maybe 6 or 7, last was probably 30 or so years ago), first age 7, hospitalized. Food poisoning type symptoms multiple times (sometimes found salmonella, but wasn't checked every time as I got older), I was hospitalized for that once when I was young. About 25 years ago, I had what I'm very sure was Bornholm disease, multiple tests, barium/xray/colonoscopy, they never found anything. It lasted several months and recurred, and I never found anything out about that. The description of that matches, I almost passed out multiple times, almost, but close, things got dark plus major, major pain, left of belly button. Gallbladder removed 20 years ago.

Current, blood pressure is a hair high, not too high (under 140 top at the dr. usually under 120 at home though, or close). Blood testsnormal. I have chronic fatigue, very tired, sometimes it can hit me while I'm doing something and I can't hardly keep my eyes open. I wake up and feel like I need a nap, after sleeping all night. I can sleep during the day, yawn a lot. There is a sleep test ordered, take home test, he wouldn't do an overnight full test.

Since I was about 12 or so, I have noticed occasionally my heart skipping around, a few seconds. Sometimes once a day, sometimes less, sometimes don't notice it for a long time. I've mentioned that countless times to doctors, they listen to it a while and say it's fine. I asked if I could have a test, he said if there were no additional symptoms like swelling, "no". I was wondering if I had some issues caused by the coxsackie.

Pain in my hands and feet. They found arthritis, might be that, almost 20 years, more than a little. It started left foot, right foot, then both hands over a couple months progression, they feel the same, the fall after my gall bladder was out (in Feb.). Checked my neck to see if nerve related, arthritis in the neck too. Just checked one hand, didn't check feet. Random thought, I was born with hammer toes too (if there's something related to that).

Any thoughts? Losing my good insurance this year, won't be able to get sick next year (can't get a subsidy, they go by gross income not net, high deductibles). I've changed doctors a few times through the years. I mention fatigue, they say depression, except it's NOT in my head. They had me on meds for depression over 25 years ago, it did absolutely nothing for the fatigue, in fact the pills made things MUCH worse (they kept changing brands and doses), pretty sure I didn't get along with them.

I'm not on any meds of any kind (nothing illegal either), don't drink at all, no tobacco, never did.

Coxsackie B1 Ab1:40 <1:10<1:10

Coxsackie B2 Ab1:160 <1:10<1:10

Coxsackie B3 Ab<1:10 <1:10<1:10

Coxsackie B4 Ab<1:10 <1:10<1:10

Coxsackie B5 Ab1:40 <1:10<1:10

Coxsackie B6 Ab<1:10 <1:10<1:10

Parvovirus B19 IgG6.04 IV<=0.89 IV<=0.89 IV

Parvovirus B19 IgM0.16 IV<=0.89 IV<=0.89 IV

epstein barr

EBV VCA IgG>8.0

EBV VCA IgM0.2

EBNA IgG>8.0

EBV EA(D) IgG0.6

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Have you tried tests for Haemochromotosis .. excess Iron. it's very common though not tested for routinely. Your symptoms sound very similar. Maybe ask the GP for blood test for that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.