CPPD

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone let me know if this conditions is relatated to Fibromyalgia?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry escot but what does CCPD stand for?
  • Posted

I Googled CCPD and COPD but couldn't find CCPD.  Neither of the other two seem related to Fibromyalgia so I've drawn a blank.  Sorry.
    • Posted

I wondered if escot meant COPD (previously known as emphysema) which is a lung disease, usually although not always caused by smoking.  Totally unrelated to fibro or osteo arthritis however.  The big hint is the last two initials which stand for pulmonary disease - nothing to do with joint pain.  Hopefully escot will elaborate.
    • Posted

Dear Loxie,

These conditions are not the same as I also have COPD CPPD is related to crystals in the bones

• Posted

Dear Escot, I think we all surmised that you didnt mean COPD but couldnt find CCPD by googling it.  Thanks for clearing it up.  Sorry can't help with your original question as unfortunately I've never heard of CCPD.
    • Posted

Dear Loxie,

I am sorry, I have what is called CPPD (Calcium Pyrophosphate deposition currently I am taking Hydroxycloroquine. I am also being weaned off Steroids that I had been given when previous Rheumy told me that I had PMR. The CPPD was diagnosed byanother Rheumy who actually did a bone scan.

I know that this conditions is related to Arthritis,but also wanted to know if it is related to Fibomyalgia. Also in addition to the above I have very painfull arms and shoulder, and was told after a scan that I had an inpingement in my shoulder and was given an injections Steroidand something else,but after the anesthetic had worn off the pain returned. The pain is bad first thing in the morning which prevents me from laying down,and I have to take a painkiller before I can actually get going, the pain eases a bit after that but I am still aware of it throughout the day.

I also have COPD which is under control

I am looking for others who also have CPPD

• Posted

So sorry to hear of your various issues Escot, I sympathise regarding coping with pain.  I did ask my GP if my fibromyalgia was connected to my existing OA but he was a bit vague to be honest.  He and one other doctor at the group practice I use were both of the opinion that fibro is very much a stress induced condition and not joint inflammation the way OA is.  They also advised that this is why often anti inflammatory meds (ie NSAIDs) dont have an effect on fibro pain.  They recommended a primary course of action in reducing stress/anxiety in conjunction with standard pain meds.  Easier said than done to reduce stress in modern living with all the pressures of long working hours and money worries etc.  I unfortunately dont have enough medical knowledge to know if your present condition could relate to fibromyalgia or not.  Have you asked about spondylitis?  The nature of how your pain presents is very similar to that of a friend who has ankylosing spondylitis, that might be a possibility.  I do hope you manage to find a way to manage the pain, I'm so sorry for you. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.