Cpps really is a pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have had cps . Most symptoms have cleared up but I'm getting chronic pain in the groin on either side between testicles and legs . Does anyone else experience this pain . It also affects my public bone and hips

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My sympathies.  It seems that a variety of conditions can cause this so diagnosis is difficult.  It is also not fully understood what cause cpps and the process has been one of gradually discovering what does not work!  This is what I have gathered from urologists.

All I can do is tell you what worked for me. A small dose of amytriptyline taken daily for some people blocks the pain signals triggered by cpps. The technique is to start with a small dose each evening of, say 5mg (which is half a standard 10mg tablet).  At first it may cause drowsiness in the morning - if so move the evening time you take it earlier.  Do that for 10 days and if it has not helped incvrease the dose to 10mg.  In my case I have found that a 20mg dose taken about 8pm daily has completely blocked the pain.

You see your GP to get the prescription. At low doses like this there is no addictive effect.  I hope it works

Cheers John

• Posted

Hi John thank you for the information as I will definately speak to my gp when I can next get an appointment . Also I've heard of nortryptiline which is a newer version of amytriptiline so will probably ask about both . I hope it can help me like it helps you . Will let you know once I can get an appointment how it all goes

• Posted

Nutcracker Syndrom?

May Thurner Syndrome?

any mesenteric ischemia can cause these kinds of pains, too.

We have to wait more than half a year to get a doppler ultrasound for those (since exclusion is also peace of mind)....by a very experinced doc, don't have a technician forwarding pics.

Often blood vessel effecting drugs are trialed first prior surgery IF a compression is found being the issue.

Just an idea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.