Crabs!

Posted , 5 users are following.

The guy I was with last night just told me he has crabs. What is the best thing I can do to make sure I don`t get them. Should I start with the over the counter treatments right away? Do I have to avoid close contact with people for a month now?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Nice guy!  Not!   If in UK speak confidentially to pharmcist.  The lotion has detailed instructions
  • Posted

Public lice are extremely contagious. All bed linen towels that have been in contact with the Infected person must be washed at a high temp and yes the only cure is lotion from a chemist . Don't go near him sexually until he is clear .
    • Posted

Futhermore you will have caught them and will need treatment x
  • Posted

I would be tempted to assume that maybe you have already been infected and go on accordingly.

Your chemist will be able to advise on a suitable insecticide/ shampoo which you should use according to the instructions given.

Refrain from any further sexual activity until the period specified on the product has lapsed or advice given.

In the meanwhile throughly wash all bedding, towels and underwear and anything that might have come into contact with the area of exposure.

Looking on the bright side you may not actually have this infestation, but it does no harm to take precautions because if you have been contaminated it could  make your life and the life of any sexual partner, even others a misery.

• Posted

OMG I see them now. I just pulled off 2 nits from my pubic region. I am so freaked out. I did not have them before last night. The last time I was sexually active was months ago. What ointment / creams should I look for at the drugstore?
    • Posted

Are you in the US? I ask because you said drug store and not chemist. Americans don't go to the pharmacy and rely on their advice like that, as the UK doesn't require asany perceptions for meds like the US does. If in the US, you can get over the counter.

A lice-killing lotion containing 1% permethrin or a mousse containing pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide can be used to treat pubic ("crab") lice. These products are available over-the-counter without a prescription at a local drug store or pharmacy. These medications are safe and effective when used exactly according to the instructions in the package or on the label.

• Posted

Shave your hair off too
    • Posted

Yes I'm in the US. The first thing I did today was take a shower and shave down there and I discovered them after all this. Eek! 
    • Posted

Be blessed and happy that's all that it was and let this be a lesson, for the next time before having casual sex or end up like myself and others, who have the gift that keeps on giving .

Condoms will only provide you 30% of protection from herpes and HPV. No symptoms have to be present do it to spread. Over 70% of genital herpes cases, are contracted by asymptomatic people, who have no idea they have herpes, which is over 80% of them, because they don't display any signs or symptoms. Herpes is also not included in the full STD panel, so maybe people arw under the impression they are clean when in fact, they are not. If you don't specifically request a herpes test, they will not test you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.