Cracking and Popping

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi from Australia. I haven't seen much discussion about the cracking and grinding, pooping..the terrible noise in your head when you try to turn or just stretch. I have this. I have been diagnosed with CS and have MRI copy on phone. It's Multilevel c5 c 6...i think c1 degeneration. So my 2 questions for today are 1. Do you think the cracking and grinding action should go away? could it be another problem un-related? (it drives me nuts, just stretching my head to brush teeth) 2. Rest? or Excersise? the 2 don't really go together but how much of each, at least in the early stages. I feel as though if i rest too much, it may create stiffness and not allow healing. Great Forum, thank for being here everyone. Look forwrad to talking with you. P

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had this pretty bad also.  It's all related to the vertibrae and discs, etc. I think.  Definitely a heating pad helped (the electric you plug in work best I found). Mine did go away for the most part but it was definitely months.  

Pay attention to your sleeping position (back = bad) and consider a reputable chiropractor, they see this stuff all the time whereas doctors seem quite perplexed about these seemingly common conditions.  

The general rule is to rest as needed but then find a way to exercise (brisk walking) when not to keep the various fluids flowing in the area and stimulate some chemicals in the area that are helpful.  

• Posted

Hi , nice to hear some poisitve stuff, like, the cracking went away for you. that means depending on my prognosis it may be possible too. The sleeping thing is a thing that i have to really get used to, as traditionally i sleep in fetal position, and can't sleep any othe rway....trying. Looking for a swimming pool close by today. Cheers,P

• Posted

Mine is def the same,lots of popping and grinding, etc. sometimes feels like something is tearing. I have multi level also and need fusion surgery but I am trying everything

Else possible that may help. Just had carpal and cubital surgery to see if maybe that would help my neck problems.

• Posted

Yes I had looked at surgery and my public health system actually expedited my case due to loss of income, but problem is i dont live in my actual country so they wont do it unless I go home for at least 6 months. I work and live overseas. If i had the money might look at it more. P

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.