Cracking sensation in skull

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, so I've been having this problem for over a month now and was hoping some of you could give me a piece of advice.

It started about a week after I had gotten off a long flight (dont know if it has anything to do with it). After getting home I've been having blocked ears, had a bit of a cold and after a week I started getting this cracking sensation in my skull. Every time I put pressure on these certain spots on my head (mainly behind my right ear and above it) it produces a cracking/popping sound, similar to when you would crack your joints. It's not really the typical crackling in ears or the neck. It happens when I lean my head on something or when I knowingly want to crack it. It's not painful but I tend to have headaches and get a little dizzy (could totally be anxiety related as I do suffer from it). I went to the doctor's, had an xray of my cervical spine and my sinuses done - everything came out fine. I've also been to the ENT, they said they could see the eardrums still being retracted but nothing else.

The ears have gotten a lot better as well as the other symptoms but what keeps me worried is the constant cracking in the skull which is very uncomfortable.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions or opinions!

also forgot to mention - I'm a fairly young female - 19 years old

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey. Does the cracking sound like it comes from the same place? like in one spot or like a fault line cracking? and does it hurt anywhere?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.