Crackling sound

Posted , 7 users are following.

HI!

I am a few months over 2 year mark of TRK I am doing pretty well. However, today my knee has some pain and a short while ago made loud crackling sound when I bent down. sounded like someone rumpling up paper or the crackling of a fire. Can this be normal? I am thinking might need to contact doc since it has been a while and i just thought any kinks would already have been worked out. Thoughts?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My 12 year TKR still gives me pain from time to time. it doesnt like sitting still ....get pain if i go out for dinner and cant stretch the leg. I also get a popping noise periodically. i think its ligaments. i had a check up last summer and all was ok.

• Posted

THANK YOU for your reply. i was afraid i might be using it too much lol i try to be active limewalking a lot knee bends things like that. i only began doing lunges a short time ago because i felt finally that i completely could do them 😃

• Posted

I am just over a year post surgery and a loud cracking noise just started a few days ago. So loud that my son heard it. Had no side effects and all xrays have shown everything is good, so have to assume that it is normal.

• Posted

Very typical. Could be some excess scar tissue or the implant settling in. Noises are very common throughout the first year going away very gradually...typically gone in 12-18 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.