Cramp during sex

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, I'm currently waiting for a disectomy. However, my fiancée has needs wink

when she she is ontop, (only 7stone), I get cramp in one or both of my thigh muscles. Is this a warning sign? The scan showed l5/s1 prolapse with left root nerve compromise, and when they reviewed the scan with me, there is also a bulge in the centre coming towards the spinal cord. 

Any advice please!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi James

I have the same prolapse as you and trapped nerve, also awaiting surgery,

I have been having cramp/spasms in my upper right leg for the last few months, this only started when I was put on Tramadol after the pain in my back and left leg got uncontrollable, I have been off the Tramadol for a few weeks and the spasms have decreased, apparently this is a side effect of that drug, are you on any painkillers that have similar side effects?

May be worth checking :-)

• Posted

Ummm my that back is ok, but I haven't had sex since 2011  !
    • Posted

Pmsl yeah I wonder who May is lol,

Whoop whoop I've got an op date 😃

• Posted

Great news, 5-6 weeks then pain free !

I couldn't wait to get in and have it done, I was a little lucky I pestered, nicely, the administrator for an earlier appointment, which she obliged except it was my bithday, so I pushed it forward to a different day. I am really pleased for you Debbie x

I was a bit gutted the morphine bit when I came round wasnt as much fun as when I had my hernia operation, I complained to the surgeon !

• Posted

5 weeks on Saturday not that I'm counting lol, slightly worried as haven't been in much pain the last week, I'm hoping it's just the painkillers doing their job lol, I tried to coax them into giving me an earlier date but didn't work as I've been transferred to a private hospital under the nhs and they weren't very forthcoming with my request lol, obviously they didn't see £ signs 😜 xx
    • Posted

At least the General Election will be over by then, so the next government will not have time to cancel it and give your operation away to:

a) an illegal

b) a Scot

c) an overseas

d) a party donor: or

e) an overpaid footballer from division 2.

• Posted

Hahaha that's very true but there is still time for all of the above to happen lol x
  • Posted

Hi James i had discectomy at l5/s1 8 months ago due to prolapsed disc and i had a 

spinal fusion 4 wees ago.  It's difficult isnt it as life goes on and we all want to do normal things like intercourse. I hope you don't get too much discomfort 

• Posted

Hi Laura, 

yes, I totally agree. Can't wait to get back to normal! It's hell every day nearly, 

• Posted

Hi James, when i had my discectomy 8 months ago i had 7 months prior to that of hell each day with sciatic nerve pain. The nerve pain in my buttock, thigh, and foot on my left leg was hell, driving, getting in and out of car and chairs was so miserable. All that went after my discectomy. 3 months later i had stabbing pains and further MRI showed massive inflammation and my discs at 2 levels needed a fusion which i had 4 wees ago. I am wearing a back brace and walking around doing everything slowly. Can't wait to feel up to swinging from chandeliers lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.