Cramping after oopherectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I had my right ovary and 2 masses removed 8 days ago. For the past 5 days, I have been experiencing some really bad, debilitating cramping. Has anyone else experienced this after surgery?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

No Denise, I won't have my surgery until April 7th.  I hope someone can advise you.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

No that does not sound right at all. I have virtually no pain after the removal of my tubes, ovaries and a 7 cm cyst. I would call your dr. Maybe an infection is setting in. Mine was done laparoscopically
    • Posted

It doesn't sound right to me either. This has been a very long recovery. Mine was done laparoscopically as well but the incision on my left side was to be 1 1/2 cm and it is 3 1/2 cm. I had significant bruising. I am still not completely pain free. My follow up appointment is Friday. I tried to get in sooner but there were no openings. thank you for your comment
    • Posted

Denise, I had horrific cramping and bleeding as well, the surgeon said they have a machine that keeps the uterus out of the way during surgery and anytime you mess with the uterus, it doesn't like it, and cramping and bleeding was normal. Hope that helps. Ive been cramping and bleeding on and off since the surgery
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I'm on day 19 of bleeding. I went to the doctor yesterday and she put me in Premerin for 10 days and iron pills. Praying this helps! I've had enough!
    • Posted

Denise, how are your cramps? I'm 10 days out, still cramping, really annoying..I'm 53 and post menopausal, so I haven't had a period in 4 yrs, so the bleeding is new, and unwelcome, its bright red at first, then goes to like a dark brown, not sure if that means something or not. Did the premarin the Dr put you on help? I don't have my follow up til Mar 10, I know she said it was normal, but normal for how long?
    • Posted

The medicine they put me on is called provera. I had wrote Premerin. I took it for 3 days and the bleeding stopped however, the medicine was giving me mood swings and headaches so I didn't take it today and I'm bleeding again 😓 I think I'd rather bleed than be a crazy lunatic lol

And what they thought they took out was a dermoid cyst turned out to be a serous borderline tumor low malignancy so I go to see the oncologist on March 7th. I'm a mess.

I hope by now your bleeding has stopped and that you're feeling better. Please update when you can

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.