Cramping tingling etc in perimenopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was wondering has anyone had any feelings of numbness and tingling (like when a part of your body falls asleep) during perimenopause? I know that cramping is a part of it but was wondering about the other. I used to get really bad cramps in my calf when I first started with Peri (which was just shy of a year ago) back then I would also get the tingling and numbness feeling in part of my leg and foot

After a like 2 months that went away and I would have very mild cramps in my calf every now and then. Now today for the 1st time in about 8 months I got a stronger cramp feeling in my calf along with the numbness and tingling mostly in my foot and then my foot would feel cold. It lasted for a little while then almost went away and then would come back slightly etc. Now about 2 hours later of this starting I have a little tingles and foot is still cold. Was wondering if this is something anyone else has also had. Thanks.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy, I don't get the cramps in calf, but do get a feeling of pressure on my calf both of them, and then a feeling of very bad stiffness as if my legs don't want to move... Then I get numb across the middle/top of my back, and back and top of my head goes numb! Very scary thought I definitely was dying when it first happened, but it went away all in its own, and it returns from time to time during the month, I have noticed a pattern with it. I think it's a hot flash personally without the sweating and without the heat,because certain things will bring it on for me, such as walking, stress, and some foods, very frustrating.. Hope your feeling well again soonsmile

• Posted

Hi gypsy I get the same symptoms as u, the cramps are more in my left calf were I have varacas veins. Also get tingling in feet and fingers. I just stretch them and massage them xx
    • Posted

Thanks.  I did get the pressure you are talkin about yesterday afternoon and it was like my legs were very heavy and didnt want to move.  It went away after a little while.   I have to try to keep better track of this if it happens again.  It has been 8-9 months since this happened.   This morning I didnt have the cramps, but had a little of the tinkling feeling.
  • Posted

Yes I have the same feeling, right toes feel tingling and little numbness on right calf, certain time of the month I get lots of cramps on my leg, this all truly stared at age 46.
    • Posted

Im 45 so we are the same age with the same issues.  Have you ever gotten where it feels warm inside your calf of leg etc and maybe not the whole leg but just certain patches (so to speak) ?
    • Posted

Yes I actually do on my right leg around the calf, it feels numb I have such bad muscles cramps during certain time of the month. 
    • Posted

What helps at times a good epsiom salt bath 20 min 2 times a week
  • Posted

I also have been getting calf cramps along with my ankles feel like they bend in at times. Kinda

scary

At times don't know if anyone else has this too. Also my chest muscles hurt along with my shoulder

• Posted

Thanks everyone.  My leg issueshave passed finally and now they feel pretty normal.  It scared me because that hasnt happened in so long.  Thanks again everyone  I would be lost without this site.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.