Cramps after hysterectomy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Total laparoscopic hysterectomy on 3/1 and I’m having period like cramps with low back pain. Oddly this pain started the day I would have gotten my period 3/15. Is it even possible to still have monthly cramps without ovaries and a uterus or is this likely just post-op pain?  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’m not sure, I did have slight cramps after surgery that was it. I heard of cramps around the time the cycle is do, my co- worker calls it “fake period” time. 
    • Posted

Thanks for the info. I have a follow up with my doctor this week. Cramps are pretty uncomfortable so I’m taking ibuprofen which is helping. 

Thanks againsmile

• Posted

Despite the fact that your ovaries have been removed, you still have a bit of estrogen in your system.  However, I think what you're experiencing is probably your body trying to knit itself together.  You've had major surgery so please give yourself time to rest and heal.  Best to discuss this with your doctor. xx

• Posted

I really don't think it about your cycle.you have no ovaries or uterus.

You will be still healing, you have a way to go yet. I'm 9 wks from tvh and repair and I still ghost internal stitches coming away. You need to rest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.