Cramps days after period

Posted , 6 users are following.

good morning ladies!!!!i am 47 going through perimenopause just wanted to know if any of you ladies are going through the same thing I got cramps a week before my period and my period has been over for 3 days now and I still have cramps is anybody going or have gone through the same thing also I feel like I'm going down through my legs and through my thighs also today ive had bowl movement twice in the morning can any of you ladies relate to this can this be associated with peri any comment would be much appreciated thank you have a blessed day

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Marisol

Cramps and irregular bowel movements are both very common in perimenopause.

I don't suffer from cramps other than 3-4 days up to and during my (irregular) period but I know all about strange bowel movements... For weeks I ran 2-3-4 times in the morning and again after lunch.

Now my mornings are more quiet and more solid but I still have bouts of urgent, watery bowel movement a couple of times a week.

It is all due to fluctuating hormones.

• Posted

Hey marisol! Very normal indeed! Currently, I just skipped a couple of periods, however, all my symptoms are amplified. So help me god, when this nightmare is finally over...I want to hold rallies to raise awareness for this. Not like dry vagina and hot flashes either...I mean like the 500 other symptoms!

• Posted

Great idea, Lou...I'll really with you!!!

• Posted

Hi Marisol, I have been post menopause for several years now, and yet I still get pain when I should be ovulating, and then have period pains at the end of the conti hrt pack for several days. I asked the doctor why this should be the case and his very honest answer was that he didn't know! As for the toilet situation, yes these are also symptoms that appear to come and go. By the way, I am 62, and have had more problems in the last 2/3 years with the many menopause symptoms than I ever had before in perimenopause. I am a market researcher, and I speak to many women who have had symptoms for a lot longer and who are older than me. Not positive, I know, but factual and realistic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.