Cranberry extract good for Prostatitis help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have chronic Prostatitis and it began bugging me again. I was so bad last weekend I thought I was going to have to go to the ER to have my bladder drained. Lots of pain from it as well. I had an appointment with the Urologist today, but I canceled it due to my symptoms going away. On Sunday I began taking Cranberry extract in the form of a capsule. I took two three times per day. By Tuesday I noticed a big improvement and the next day I was so much better I decided to cancel my doctors appointment. I didn't expect this at all. I know cranberry's have been used for urinary tract infection for a while now, but I didn't think it would work for my prostate. My stream is almost normal now and all symptoms are gone. Has anyone else had these results from it?

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Cranberry is good if used frequently.
    • Posted

I do take it daily and at relative high dose, however it has helped me as well as taking antibiotics. Last time I took Cipro and it took as long to help, also caused other problems with my natural flora in my intestine. I am thankful for such a great natural remedy. It may not work for everyone but it sure did for me.
  • Posted

Hi Craig,

Cranberry extract is good.  However dinking 1/2 cup cranberry and 1/2 pomegranate juice plus 1 scoop D-Mannose (twice a day) works even better.  Make sure you drink 100% juice.  It's natural and you can drink it daily to maintain a healthy prostate with no adverse side effects.

Regards,

James

• Posted

Good to know, however I take the capsules so I don't have to drink so much juice. I like juice, but cranberry can be a bit tart for me so I like the pills. They are concentrated cranberry. I plan on adding Saw Palmento as well. I think between the two I should experience less prostate symptoms. Thanks for the Info.
  • Posted

You may want to add uva ursi leaf supplements as it may help you with the urinary stream.  Uva ursi is used primarily for urinary tract disorders, including infections of the kidney, bladder, and urethra; swelling (inflammation) of the urinary tract; increases urination; painful urination; and urine that contains excess uric acid or other acids.  It is very inexpensive and works well for overall urinary health. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.