Crap

Posted , 7 users are following.

good evening is any other RA suffers get crap in their legs in and their rib muscle ? 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Not sure what you mean by crap in their legs but I get pain above my rib and below my breast..is that the same thing you are suffering from?
    • Posted

I was trying to type cramp lol, it's like someone is twisting my muscles unders my rib cage it's so painful and comes on even from laughing 
    • Posted

Like I said mine is under my right breast and above my rib cage but if feels just like what you are explaining.  I had a catscan done and they found I have a Hiatil Hurnea small.
    • Posted

Yes I have one of those have done for years but only started to get this pain in the last 12 months 
    • Posted

I have both cramp in my legs and some pain in my left rib cage which comes on only at night.

I was told long ago by two separate doctors five years apart, about the rib cage that it was an intercostal bruising, but actually I never had any accident or cause for bruising there, and if it's just bruising, it's the longest bruise this side of heaven.

The cramps are horrendous.

There are two choices: trying drinking tonic water – if your cramps come at night, like mine, then drink it before bed. So-called Indian tonic water contains tiny doses of quinine (originally designed to protect the Brits from subcontinental mosquito bites!). Qunine which clears up the cramps. Quinine in any other (larger) form is cosidered dangerous and not available as far as I know.

The other choice is Amitryptilline – a drug of that name, tho spelling questionable, which is actually marketed as an anti-depressant but has come to be found to relieve muscle cramps. You will have to speak to you GP re that.

• Posted

Thanks for introducing me to Hiatal Hernia! I'd never heard of till now but it seems to describe what I have had for the 15 years which recently has come to disturb me but only at night – a spreading pain on my left side under the rib cage.

One thing they say about it online is that you shouldn't drink during the night, which I routinely do: whenever I wake up I take a sip of water becuse I get a painfully dry mouth.

If stopping this habit works, I'll be deeply grateful to you!

I'll keep you posted!

• Posted

I sure hope this works for you.  I take Bentel for it and you can get it from your primary!  I have not had any problems till just recently and going to my doctor next week.  Normally they can do scope and figure out what it is.  Please keep me posted.  Good Luck.  Hugs.
  • Posted

Sorry all I was trying to right cramp lol
  • Posted

I get pains in my ribs at the back; only when it gets seriously bad though.   I have constant pain in my wrists, too much activity (read any) results in the pain travelling up to forearms then elbows, upper arms, shoulders, neck and then on down to my ribs.  
  • Posted

Hi, I guessed you meant "cramp" ha ha! No laughing matter tho. I get terrible cramp in my leg, usually the left more but also my feet and toes. Just last week as I woke up one morning and stretched I got the most horrendous cramp in my calf which although luckily didn't last too long left me with a painful leg and limping for a few days. A few years ago I saw my GP about the cramps I kept getting and was prescribed tablets, can't remember the name but something like quinine. I really don't know if there's any link between RA and cramps. Was eventually taken off the tablets as not good to be on long term apparently.I'm due to see my GP about the acid reflux I've had for several months now and this does cause me to have some pain under the ribcage area.Again I was prescribed tablets, Omeprizole, which have really helped but since finishing them symptoms have returned with a vengeance. I just don't know if all these things that are happening are down to having RA or just seperate issues.
    • Posted

Hi Debra I've been on omerprazole for nearly 6 years, I take it religiously. God knows what this is but the last two days I've had it constantly on my left side
    • Posted

That's interesting because I thought you couldn't stay on Omeprizole for longer than a few months. I'll speak to my GP about it when I see her on the 24th.
    • Posted

Is Omeprazole the drug that helps with night cramps?

If so, does it have quinine in it?

• Posted

No, Omeprizole is for GORD....gastro eseophagal reflux disease...I'm sure it doesn't contain any quinine. It really helped the acid reflux.

I can't remember the name of the quinine tablets I used to be prescribed... something like brand name Quinorec. They helped but wasn't allowed to stay on them.

• Posted

No. I was on quinine tablets for a while and I began to have hallucinations. Very interesting!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.