Crash migraine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Friday morning without warning I developed sudden severe clamping like head pain (beyond bearable) within 2 mins I could only lie on the floor gripping my head. Pain (like someone was intermittently squeezing the vice) intensified over next 4 hours. OH called paramedics who ruled out anything neurological and diagnosed 'crash migraine'

Interested to know if anyone else has experienced this (I'm a 50 year old healthy, fit female)? I'm now 48hrs post onset still feeling fuzzy headed with throbbing when moving/bending is the usual? Also would like to know if anyone has been left with pain in their legs after a migraine - both mine feel weak, achy with general discomfort to the point where sleep is being impacted. Finally my neck has been very stiff too - unable to tilt head forward to look at feet....is this common too. Sorry for so many questions but this is all new and quite scary.....

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Can't say for sure, but it does sound like how I feel after my migraines; especially the neck stiffness. It usually feels like I'd done strenuous exercise plus bonus "brain fog" long after a migraine and I can be quite weak and clumsy afterwards.

I usually deal with the aches with the help of an electric heating pad which can sometimes help ease some of the pain of the migraines themselves if I can bare the heat on my head (I live in a rather warm climate).

• Posted

Pain can travel around the body when stressed or having a physical pain. I do not know if migraines do this. I think you should work out it will lighten the load of pain in the head and legs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.