Crater like hole behind wisdom tooth + Other mouth symptoms

Posted , 14 users are following.

I am 23 years old and barely drink and do not smoke cigarettes and over the last month or so, It seems like there have been some weird and concerning dental symptoms that have been going on. I think one of my wisdom teeth are coming in because I can see a tooth sort of sticking out on the side and it looked different compared to the other side of the mouth. for a few days, There was some pain in and around the area. every time i would swallow, Its like the muscles would strech and it would be painful in that area but not in the throat or anything. After a few days, the pain just about completely went away. Once in a while, there would be some minor jaw pain on that side and whenever i move my tongue to the tooth beside the "wisdom" tooth, I can suddenly smell a foul odor and taste a weird taste. Like i said, eventually the pain went away but the worrying didnt stop for me.I thought my whole mouth just did not look normal at all. My gums on the lower part of the mouth started to become more irritated and a section would sting when I brushed my teeth in that area. I also would notice myself spitting up these white stringy globs. and the top part of my mouth looks weird. there are white patches all over. Eventually I streched the mouth a bit and I noticed what looked like a crater right behind where what I think the wisdom tooth is. I touched it and it felt very odd like it was swollen.I went to the dentist a month before all of these symptoms even started happening for the salivary glands on the floor of my mouth looking blocked and they said since you always breathe through the mouth, your mouth is constantly dry. Plus the use of asthma medications can trigger dry mouth. I can barely breathe through the nose because I have a deviated septum. My mouth does not look normal to me at all and it is really worrying me. I have attached a photo of the crater thing beind the molar as well as the roof of the mouth. Please give me some advice and info to help ease my stress.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It sounds like you need to go back to the dentist, asap.  I'm curious to know what he/she has to say.  Some of your symptoms I think I've may have had before but by the time I went to the dentist my symptoms were gone, so I never did find out what was wrong with me.  I developed an ulcer like sore that seemed to appear suddenly on my lower gum behind my last tooth which hurt for days and was immediately followed by a general malaise which really knocked me down for about 4 days.  Then suddently it was all gone.  But, about 6 days later, the same exact thing happened again but this tine the ulcer like sore erupted out of no where on my lower gum on the other side of my mouth.  Then again, about 4 days of malaise that again wiped me out.  I lost a bunch of weight because I had no appetite and all I could was sleep.  Then when the symptons went away, I was fine, accept for a bit panicky.  The only strange thing that I remember before all of this occurred was I got something which I believe, based on my internet research, was geographic tongue.  I'd never had that before and after all my symptoms disappered the geographic tongue went away as well.  To this day, I have no idea what happened.  So that's a long story just to say to you go to your dentist and get a diagnosis so if it ever happens again you'll know what it is and you'll be able to rest easier.  Oh yeah, and let me know what he/she says.  Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to respond and share your experience. I am full of anxiety over these symptoms  and am afraid it can be cancer related or something. I do have a dentist appointment on the 10th and will let you know what they say. Thank you for showing concern as well.
    • Posted

Good luck on your appointment.  If it's any comfort, I doubt seriously it's cancer.  The chances are greater that it's not something serious.  So try not to worry too much - it's very bad for you.  I did that and literally rose my blood pressure.  Once my symptoms were gone and blood work came back normal, my blood pressure went back down to normal within 2 days.  But please do let me know how it goes. 

• Posted

I just got a very similar hole!! Definitely a tooth in it. I still have my wisdom teeth, what did you find out!!?
  • Posted

I got the similar hole and my dentist told me to use mouthwash for 1 week and observe it.  What did you find out? 

• Posted

I have this exact same hole right now! All of my wisdom teeth are through so I assumed it’s from my back tooth rubbing my jaw. The dentist agreed, gave me amoxicillin and  ibprophen for the swelling. It’s day 2 and nothing has changed... still swollen, still in a lot of pain. I’m so nervous it’s bad infected and I’ll end up in the hospital. What did they end up saying about yours? 
    • Posted

@kerrah24876 have you had any improvements? I’ve had the same thing for the last week and I’m starting to worry it’s something worse. 
    • Posted

Is there any update on this? I have the same thing and im going to an urgent care tomorrow morning since i cant schedule a dentist appointment until Monday. Has Ozzman reported back? 
    • Posted

do you have an update on what it was?

• Posted

Was was the diagnosis of this please? I seem to have the same problem it has appeared out of nowhere
    • Posted

i have the same thing!

did you find out what it was? i have terrible health anxiety an think the worst

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.