Cravings through night

Posted , 7 users are following.

Anyone got any tips for this?

I was on 15mg for a week and now on 30mg for nearly 2 weeks, it's improved my mood but the waking and cravings through the night are worrying me a little

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris,

"Cravings " is probably too vague. Are you craving food, booze drugs, running for miles, sleep etc. Try to provide more info and I hope you will ŕeceive some help. Plus discuss with the Dr Who prescribed it. Good luck.

• Posted

Yes Chris Ive been there and I wish I had an answer I was on mirt for 6 years and put on three stone I became an eating machine I was ok up until about 6pm then right through to the next morning Id just stuff myself

Stay Strongcheesygrin

• Posted

Hi Chris

I knew immediately what cravings you meant! I don't know the answer! These cravings have such a strong pull! I have piled on so much weight, it's almost like my appetite for junk food has no 'off button'. I am now trying hard to watch what I'm eating, but it's not easy. Drinking loads of water may help a bit. How are you feeling generally? Hope you are getting a decent level of relief. ♥

God bless

• Posted

After an initial period of chocolate and putting on a lot of weight I decided to try "healthy" midnight snacks such as a bowl of museli or rye crispbread.   Works a treat, took away the cravings and let me sleep as good as the chocolate did, and I lost half the weight I'd put on.
    • Posted

I will try that too Ian. Well done for losing the weight. I think those junk carbs make you feel extra sluggish.
  • Posted

Hi Chris

Like you , I have the same problem, I wake up and raid the fridge, last night I had three bowls of coco pebbles, went back to bed , fell asleep woke up again and ate a bar of cocolate and a chocolate chip muffin. I was put on these to help gain weight, I am on 15 mg at the moment and next week my Dr wants to up my dose, I do need to gain 30 lbs, the one side effect is the dreams I have on them, very vivid and recall them no problem, they are not nightmares, example I was cleaning some ones house who had children, the laundry was over whelming, it woke me up in panic mode, so when I realized I was dreaming, I just ate , went back to bed and slept until noon today, thank goodness I am retired, at least I had no laundry to do : ) .

• Posted

Hi Chris they don't stop I'm afraid ..many have pt so much weight on in a short time. It made me have a relapse with the constant battling in my head . Iv changed to venlafaxine. Had no appetite for the 1st couple of weeks which was a blessing. I never ate sweets before I'm not craving anymore but il eat the lot if put in front of me. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.