Crawling..........

Posted , 3 users are following.

i've started to feel crawling on my jawline coming from my jaw to my chin. last night the pain krept into my dream so i got up, took 2 tgretol stayed up long enough to gt it into my system, bout 45 minutes then was able to go back to bed. but i'm having my tiggers where, i know this is gonna sound crazy but if i see a picture of a any animal licking someone specially arround the mouth. i can feel it laying just underneath my skin and it's rippling i can't stad to be touched when i have tn, i become a 180 degree turn of my usual left.bugs are not good either, goes back to touching i think. even a breeze can set it off when i have a full blown attack.....

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i forgot to mention it's almost like my nerves are hyper active. im talking breezes on my arms can even set it off.....

• Posted

Hi,

I know how you feel, I get a spikey footed spider crawling sensation across my left cheek, ear and more recently my left jaw, lips and temple. It usually happens about 20 minutes before a dose of tegretol is due and for about 15 minutes after I've taken it. It also happens for several hours after exposure to cold and wind. More often than not I then get pains once I warm up? Weird. Bizarrely, though, touch doesn't always trigger pain??! The pains and shocks seem to come whenever they feel like it, early in the morning, when I'm eating, talking, sneezing, yawning or just pondering the Universe and minding my own business. The worst pains affect my left eye and those wake me up, and then I am done for the day!

Best wishes.

• Posted

Sounds like the tingling sensation I get in my upper gum, and left side of my nose. It continues into my eye, and then I have a full blown attack.  A breeze doesn't bother me, but wind blowing on my sure does.  I didn't realize this was a problem until I was hanging garland outside, and started getting an attack.  The wind was really blowing, but I still didn't connect the two.  Then a few days later I was sitting on my porch, and got another attack.  When it finally passed, I went back outside, and after coming in, I got another attack.  The wind was really blowing that day, too.  I sitll wonder if it was the wind, or the cold,  Now, when I go out, I cover that side of my face and head, even if the wind is a slight breeze. I think all 3 of us are experiencing the same sensations, just calling it differently.  My left eye and temple are the worst pains but lately it is traveling into my ear.  Last night I had an attack, and I was getting wet cloths as hot as I could an holding it to my face.  Finally, I woke my husband up to rewet them for me while I sat on the bed.  He put it in the microwave, and it was a deeper penetrating heat.  After the second time, my attack was completely gone.  I slept like a baby till 8:30 this morning,  

• Posted

I find that heat helps to reduce the pain too but it doesn't stop it altogether. And it does have to be something that is as hot as it can be before burning my skin off! It has been unbearably windy and cold here the last few days and I have had some strange looks from people. I wear sunglasses in summer, (obviously!!) but in winter too mainly to reduce the impact of the cold and wind hitting my face and eyes. I think the public think I'm an off duty assassin!! LOL .

I am going to get a balaclava with as much coverage of the face as I can get and still wear the sunglasses, frankly people can stare all they like, I'd rather that then be crumpled on the ground in pain.

Anyhow, Merry Christmas, I hope it's a pain free one.

x

• Posted

The heat doesn't work for me every time either.  Putting the wet cloth in the microwave makes it work much better.  When it's too hot to put on my face, I hold it out a ways but still let keep it close.  When it cools off some, I hold it against my eye, nose and forehead.  I've had pretty good luck with this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.