Crawling feeling in feet with no signs of burrow or rash its been 4weeks please help!!

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm the only one in a household of 5 that ever had the itching or crawling and it's the second time I've had whatever it is! There's been so sign of rash or burrows either times. The first time I was around someone who had scabies but she was treated twice. The first time was Nov28 I believe the last was Halloween I started itching that night I freaked out and went to E.R. and they just said to treat to be sure 2wks itching was gone. Then it started again Dec 12 again no one but me so we all treated again on Dec 23 cuz everyone thought I was crazy cuz the Dr said I didn't have it the first time. I went to dermatologist yesterday and they couldn't find any rash or burrows so he said couldn't be scabies. So now I'm still freaking out cuz I can feel crawling in my feet some itching. I don't know what to do! I'm scared I'm gonna give it to one of kids they have school and husband cuz he can't miss work. Am I going crazy or can I be a person who doesn't get any other signs but itching and crawling feeling?!

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You definitely, DEFINITELY, have (or had) scabies. Just because you only held hands for 20 seconds means nothing. Contact is contact. You let this person sleep on your couch?!??!!?! Even worse. Scabies can live on bedding and couches for months, maybe even years. Steam clean EVERYTHING CLOTH THAT YOU CANNOT MACHINE WASH. I guarantee that she was asymptomatic and still had scabies. Your husband/son may also be asymptomatic. You really need to take this more seriously. As does the entire medical profession. Dermotologists' knowledge of scabies is beyond retarded. They are almost all ignorant of the prevalence, pervasiveness, and resilience of these microscopic demons. 

They may yet be the death of me. It is difficult to be motivated or positive in any way when they are constantly crawling around and reproducing in my shoes. I have already spent 1/2 a thousand $$ on new shoes. I rarely have visible burrows and only on occasion do I get rashes. But I can definitively feel them moving around. It mostly happens when I'm wearing shoes and it comes and goes. 

Above all, do not trust medical professionals telling you that you are clear. They want what's best for you, but they truly have not a god damned clue about this insufferable demonic pest. 

• Posted

so true

but note that scabies cannot live OFF the body for more htan 2 days, so if you can isolate items, there is no need to go to the expense ( and time) of massive cleaning operation

Or --- do sufferers get the impression that 2 days is NOT true?

• Posted

I do get the impression that 2 days is not true for shoes and other items that are generally quite humid and contain lots of dead skin. I personally believe that they can live in bedding and shoes for an indefinite period of time depending on how worn those items are. Right now I am still feeling crawling in my feet, but haven't had a rash that I did not cause myself with treatment for some time now. 

Could this crawling feeling be anything else? Please god I hope it is. This is really driving me mad. I have tried clotrimazole numerable times, and have probably put a gallon or more of permethrin 10% all over my body. The itching/crawling only really happens on feet and 90% of the time it is when wearing shoes/socks. I find that it gets worse with moisture, but god willing this could just be a bacterial/fungal infection. I truly hope that is the case.  

• Posted

What I have does not effect others except sometimes a little. Maybe for a day. They become tailored to your immune system.
    • Posted

I had to break their cycle to keep them contained. Very difficult task and very expensive. I now have them trapped in one spot and it does not stop trying to spread. Cannot kill without removing a lot of skin. Very deep.
    • Posted

hello again!

Have you had any success in getting rid of these blighters for ever? Any tips?

I think we feel them in/on the feet because the feet are very sensitive. When I feel them on the surface it is always on the skin on the underside of the arch which is very sensitive. I think I felt one on my face too - a very slight crawl. My theory is that they are in other places but we just don't feel them. Additionally I feel them in the flesh. They do seem to be deep in the feet. Infra-red sauna can help there but even that takes some time to quieten the blighters. Rubbing permethrin cream in again and again and again... should eventually deal with them. We need to be more persistent than they are. 

I have a new regime: the three day regime. If scabies can only live for 2-3 days off a human, then 3 days isolation is needed. So here is the idea. Have three sets of clothes and shoes, three sets of sheets, towels etc. Rotate regardless of whether you wash them or not. Day 1 stuff is kept isolated when not in use. Same for day 2 stuff. Same for day 3 stuff. Also do your best to deal with chairs and car seat covers etc in the same way. At the same time, use permethrin all over the body  ALL the time until the life cycle of the blighters is broken. I fear that I get reinfected from my scalp. Shaving my head may be the solution so I can really treat it thoroughly - not yet decided about that! The problem with medical advice is that it assumes that all blighters are at the same stage in the life cycle, and that there is no variation in the hatching/developing/mating stages. I plan to build a model of scabies life cycle to show the futility of the seven-day interval for treatment. Anyway, I am starting my three-day plan in earnest and will report back.

• Posted

I totally agree with pabli, the drs. don't take scabies very seriously. I went to the Dr and told her my story and that I thought they might be scabies, and her reply was "they might be"!!! She prescribed permitherin, something for itch and antibiotics. That's it, no skin sample no nothing, no lab work, she just barely glanced at my arm! She was more worried about me having such high blood pressure, I told her that her blood pressure would be high is she was battling egg laying burrowing tiny bugs living in her body!! She laughed. By the way, that was a month ago, I've had 2 treatments since then and although it gets rid of a lot of them, they just seem to keep coming. I'm thinking one more treatment may do the trick. Even tho I broken out in little skin tags and funny looking moles due to the side effects of the cream, but considering the nightmare  these mites have put me through, I'll gladly put up with skin tags.

• Posted

I never thought of that, Hbinoz! Of course, neither has the drs!! I've had 2 treatments of Primetherin and although, it gets rid of many, I've been complaining there's even more that show up. It's the difference in the stages, it's not NEW infestation it's the eggs maturing and taking over what their parents were doing!! It's so simple, you'd think the medical profession would take that into concideration. Just like lice, you can use the shampoo to get rid of lice but the nits (eggs) are different and must be delt with differently. So your right, don't get discouraged after treatment thinking your reinfested, just follow up on the treatment. Just one question, unless they come up with something that kills all stages, doesn't this mean you'll forever be battling these things!?

• Posted

I didn't realize it but the spray they put in the lice kits is pure Permetherin. The very stuff prescribed to rub all over you for scabies! So I have several cans of that and spray my shoes, mattress, curtains couches, car etc. But it's not good for animals so keep them away from sprayed things until the spray settles.

• Posted

Seven doctors and a dermatologost have told me I do not have scabies because I do not have itching. But I have something. It was only AFTER I had used permethrin 5% on my hands (all over the body) that I could see the dead scabies (or whatever) under the skin. No-one had noticed these before. I experienced occasional tiny bites on my fingers or wrists - the bite was often invisible but sometimes a bit red and the biter was invisible. And red marks on my body. I located very few tunnels. Eventually (a year) I had these creatures all over me! Permethrin has not worked... there is always one that gets away. I think I would have to be covered in permethtin 24x7 for 2-4 weeks, and this is what I am now considering. I do not like the tingling it produces - probably I am killing myself. No doctor will help me - literally told to shut up or can't help or go elsewhere. What option do I have. In the meantime I gave this affliction to my partner and to my 92 year old mother when I visited from overseas - her carer went ballistic. The doctor literally said "I don't think you will give it to your mother". Famous last words!

• Posted

Mine are in the middle of my heel. They spread from there. So far I cannot find a way to get them out. They are extremely aggressive compared to yours it seems. Even removing the outer skin doesn't not help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.