Crawling feeling in feet with no signs of burrow or rash its been 4weeks please help!!

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm the only one in a household of 5 that ever had the itching or crawling and it's the second time I've had whatever it is! There's been so sign of rash or burrows either times. The first time I was around someone who had scabies but she was treated twice. The first time was Nov28 I believe the last was Halloween I started itching that night I freaked out and went to E.R. and they just said to treat to be sure 2wks itching was gone. Then it started again Dec 12 again no one but me so we all treated again on Dec 23 cuz everyone thought I was crazy cuz the Dr said I didn't have it the first time. I went to dermatologist yesterday and they couldn't find any rash or burrows so he said couldn't be scabies. So now I'm still freaking out cuz I can feel crawling in my feet some itching. I don't know what to do! I'm scared I'm gonna give it to one of kids they have school and husband cuz he can't miss work. Am I going crazy or can I be a person who doesn't get any other signs but itching and crawling feeling?!

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thank you and please keep me informed..I also sleep next to my husband and he has not had any crawly feeling or any scratches...I feel like I am crazy...and don't want to go any place...I feel that the doctors didn't do any scraping or test...and I know there is something crawling around...but they think I am just OCD...I don't know what to do anymore..maybe your Doctor will finally do something ...I am making another appointment with my Doctor...but I know if he looks at my feet or my scratches...which to me look like scabies are burrowing and laying eggs...he will say this is not scabies...My house if so clean..I have purchased so many sprays to kill bugs and mites...I am starting to think it is all in my head...hope you get help...may help me.  I will let you know what my Doctor says this week.
    • Posted

I went to see the Dr today. He said since I didn't have any signs of rash or burrows that I was stressing myself out so much about it that it was causing me to have the crawling sensation. He put me on anti depressants to see if it will calm me down and I have to see a psychiatrist. I hope it helps cuz I don't want to go through it again. I truly hope you get some answers from your Dr. Let me know when you find out something.
  • Posted

have a blood test done in case its something else?   unusual if no one else in your house has any problems. low vit d or something low iron?.
    • Posted

I do have low vitamin d but every time I take it I get itchy. I don't know for sure if that's what is causing it. I tried talking to my Dr but he really didn't want to listen . I wanted him to do a blood test in case it was something else but he didn't he just seemed to be annoyed. I'm thinking on changing Drs.
  • Posted

I have a Dr. appointment in February...with a Dr that everyone tells me he gives answers...I explained everything to the women in his office and she said he will find out and give me an answer to why the crawling in my feet and the scratches are happening.  I will keep you informed.
  • Posted

Me too...I will let you know what I find out after my Feb. 24th appointment.If you get any results or information that may help me..please let me know
    • Posted

I will. I have an appointment Tue with the other Dr in office. It's weird cuz my feet stopped for 4days then came back today and my face is acting up too! Still no other signs except the crawling and a little itching it's been 6 wks now. I'll keep you informed. Thank you
    • Posted

I had my appointment by that time I had a rash on my forearm that was tiny white bumps. He said it was eczema cuz I recently picked my dog up to get him in the bathtub and I forgot to wash them and I'm highly allergic to him even taking singulair and another allergy medicine I still get allergic reaction to him. My feet will stop the crawling sensation and face but return every now and then especially when I get nervous. The rash has started getting better cuz of the hydrocortisone cream and constant moisturizing. I think I'm gonna have him check for perimenapause even though I'm only 36 my mom started menopause at 40 and the crawling sensation can be a symptom of it along with others I'm having. I have another appointment next Tue so I'll let you know after I get results back.
    • Posted

I got it over two years ago and cannot remove. I believe it was carried here from warmer climate and is transmitted through sand from other people. It have several forms and the final form is deep in your skin. Do not know how to kill.
  • Posted

Thanks Monica...I should be way past menopause..but I still get terrible hot flashes...and maybe that is what is causing the crawling sensation in my feet.  I don't know any more...just gets depressing.
  • Posted

Hello Monica,

What is conclusion now?

Hope you are get healthy now

Actually I am also facing the same problem. Pls help me

• Posted

Ironically, the same exact thing happened to me on November 28th. However, I broke out in hives. My doctor referred me to see a dermatologist and I was misdiagnosed with scabies during the first week in December although a mite was not found under the microscope. I was off of work for a few weeks due the school holiday break, and my skin cleared up. However, two weeks after returning to work at the beginning of the new year, the same issues started back again. So, I went back to see the dermatologist because I thought I had contacted scabies again from one of my students. My husband and my son were not having any symptoms at either times. So, turns it, it was just my body reacting to stresss. Also, I was taking pain medication at the time which can cause histamine to be released, this explains the leisons and rashes. This had been the second time in four years I had been misdiagnosed with scabies. The next month I quit my job due to stress and haven't had an issue since

• Posted

Mine is burrowed in my heel. After eliminating them my body and environment which can be difficult. They still persist every few minutes if I don't keep them trapped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.