Crazy back pain and muscle pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys

I was doing well a month ago and slowly declined again. Is it normal for your back to be SO PAINFUL and arm muscles too and joints just everything hurts so much 4.5 months in. 

All I did yesterday was move a few desks in my classroom I had helpnwifj this I shouldn’t be hurting this much and pain killers are not helping. 

I am just having a breakdown When will this end 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have this strange sensation that I’m going to collapse even though I’m not that weak I’ve been much weaker months ago 
  • Posted

Hi! 

One of my symptoms is sore muscles the day (or two) after workouts. I was a very active person before and although I didn't work out first during my illness, I've been working out for a long time now (I'm about 13 months in, feeling better but still somewhat sick).

And before this I rarely had any sore muscles but now I have them when I have a worse period/bit of a relapse (and I don't when I'm feeling better). Maybe your symptoms are similar to mine.

• Posted

Hey Van,

From my experience, YES is it normal to have these kind of setbacks, I had an awful spell of aching arms and legs after 8 or 9 months, it was terrible and worried me so much. But it went away and it was the start of full recovery looking back, as it if was the body's final push to get rid of this thing.

Really hoping and praying this can be the start of full recovery for you - remember if it still takes a bit of time don't panic, because that is normal too. There is hope today Van, you WILL get through this and get over it, I know it's so tiring mentally, physically and emotionally. Just want to reassure you that despite it being horrible as so hard to cope with, what you're going through is typical for the virus and you will go on and make a full recovery. It scared me too when going through that because you just don't know when it will end, or if it will end, but take it from someone who went through it and found it extremely difficult to cope also, there IS life after mono and you WILL get back to full health again - I truly believe that, trusting God always.

Hang in there and remember don't beat yourself up - just strip things back for a while and take things easy, be kind to yourself, and remember you will get back to being fully active again given time!

Thinking of you!

Craig

• Posted

Hello, I am totally with you! Im also almost 5 months in and i am suffering with severe mouth and some throat pain. All my muscles are very weak and my legs feel so heavy and unsteady. I am most concerned about my stomach and organs..TMI may be but i am so bloated and hurt thought my entire gut but mainly under right side rib and around to back. Bowels and digestion is terrible! Bouts of constipation however, been passing a yellow grease like liquid that floats (sry yuck!). Has you or anyone else experienced these type symptoms? I honestly feel as if im gonna pass over! So weak with pounding heart rate just trying to walk up stairs. I'm so sorry for your suffering! It is so disheartening and depressing. Have you had other tests ran to rule out other causes or are you convinced its all contributed to epstein barr? Are you on or have you tried any treatment drugs such as prednisone or herpes drugs? Best wishes to you to heal!

• Posted

Hello,

Sorry that you’re dealing with this ****. I didn’t have the bowel issues but yes feel like I’m just about to collapse. 

I’m scared because docs don’t really know what’s going on my EBV was past infection... CMV test I took 4 months after falling sick and that one also showed past infection. Some doctors have said post viral syndrome or chronic fatigue which makes me feel very sad. 

I am worried it is something sinister or that I won’t get better. 

• Posted

Hi guys,

Really sorry to hear you're going through these horrible symtoms Lesaco, really empathising and hoping and praying they will settle soon. I did have some pain in my gut / stomach area during the virus, I think it was mostly from glands though I know that's very common there and in the groin area too. Always worth seeing the doctor and maybe asking to check urine / faeces just for reassurance. 

The virus really is horrible to go through, but I really want you to know there IS recovery from the virus. Van, I was very worried too about Chronic Fatigue and things, but please be assured that this WON'T be the case for you, because 5 months, although it's a looong time, is still very much in the midst of the post-viral recovery phase. There's a key difference often not picked up I believe between Chronic Fatigue and Post Viral - Post Viral is what most people who get mono go through, this seemingly endless months and months of horrible symptoms and turmoild - BUT Post Viral GETS BETTER - for some it takes 6 months, for some 9 months maybe, some even shorter - but it DOES get better and remember what you're going through right now is normal for the virus and it's normal to make a FULL recovery even after this length of time and period of illness - I was exactly the same, so worried I was stuck with a new lesser was of life - but God healed and He will heal you Van and Lesaco - I truly truly believe that.

Hang in there and thinking of you both! Remember there is hope today (it is Good Friday, that day and the day three days after are a symbol of real hope)

Craig

P.S. Lesaco I sometimes find taking probiotics really good for stomach issues, giving good bacteria, or even eating yoghurts that kind of thing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.