Crazy color show during an MRI!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had a very strange experience this morning. I had an MRI on my brain to try to explain the migraines and vertigo I have been experiencing over the last couple of months.

During the first part of my procedure (without the contrast) I felt very uncomfortable in the machine. So I closed my eyes to try to relax. Anyone who has had an MRI knows that the machine is very loud even with the earplugs in.

While the machine was scanning, with my eyes closed, I started seeing extremely bright color patterns. Bright hues of blue and purple in varying presentations. First like lightning behind clouds then more like glowing purple ink flowing across glass. Moving with the sounds of the machine. At one particular sequence of the machine, there were black dashes/ dots across a dull gray background that flashed with the sounds of the machine. Then, in the last few minutes there was one certain noise that the machine was making, Like it was pulsating. During this time, I could see a pink/purple light in the center of my vision. every time the machine would make the pulse sound, dozens of neon blue/turquoise dots would flash. It was intense.

Needless to say, instead of making my anxiety worse about the process, the lights and patterns were extremely relaxing and very enjoyable. After I was finished, I felt like I had been meditating or something.

I asked the radiology assistant if those visions were normal. She said that in 15 years of doing MRIs that no one had ever mentioned it. That kind of worries me a little! Lol. The second part (with the contrast dye) I actually fell asleep. But no crazy colors.

I don’t know how to explain what happened, or what caused it. But I will never forget it. I will get my results back later this week. Maybe that will explain it. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.