Crazy itching

Posted , 4 users are following.

I seen to have my LS under control but now I'm itching all over my upper body and have some white skin that had started cracking at the bottom of my ear lobe do you it is LS should I treat it the same even my scalp is itching

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello athena93317,  I have been doing a ton of research and have found some interesting information. I have the crazy itching it's been driving me insane...so have been looking for solutions. Here are a few things that I found.

Use a solution of organic castor oil (4tbsp mixed with 2 drops lavender oil and 1 drop lemongrass oil) (Do not use essential oils straight...you must use a carrier oil like castor oil) This gives instant relief of itching and burning.  Tears heal and skin will regain it's healthy pink color again. Castor oil is very thick and odorless so it stays on the skin well throughout the day.

Here's another recipe I found for a itch relief spray:     Itch-Be-Gone Recipe

Fill a 2 ounce spray bottle to the shoulder with witch hazel.

Add the following essential oils (not fragrance oils!):

5 drops Lavender

2 drops Frankincense

3 drops Tea Tree

Label your bottle, shake it up, and use – that’s it!

Why these ingredients

Witch hazel makes for an awesome base since it’s naturally astringent and soothing.

Lavender – Lavandula angustifola, not Spike Lavender which is Lavendula latifolia, or Lavandin – due to it’s analgesic (pain-relieving), anti-inflammatory, cicatrisant (cell-regenerative and scar-healing), anti-infectious, wound-healing, and skin-healing properties.

Frankincense – also analgesic (pain-relieving), anti-inflammatory, cicatrisant (cell-regenerative and scar-healing), and skin-healing properties.Tea Tree – anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and anti-infectious.

Also have read that many are seeing incredible results with diluting apple cider vinegar with water as a spray...and also drinking it.  I'm starting with 2 tablespoons once a day in some non-citrus juice as I've not researched yet what the recommended dosage is...but will get back here with any new found information.

• Posted

Just a note of caution...some are finding the baking soda spray to be too strong...another person on this forum...says she only uses a couple good pinches in a about a 8oz. size bottle and that works well enough for her. So you may want to start out with a weaker solution and go from there.
  • Posted

Hi Athena,  sounds like you have developed either lichen sclerosis or lichen planus on your skin elsewhere.  You should visit your GP and have this confirmed before treating your skin with steroids. There may be some other advice or treatment that could be prescribed to help calm things down.  I am waiting for a biopsy for a similar problem in my mouth white patches.  This has since going to the docs started developing sore areas where the skin is literally shedding off my mouth lining.  I can't drink hot coffee, eat sharp foods like toast etc.  Life is getting a bit down. I have itching on one arm too with small raised white spots.  My ears are itching inside.  I am so fed up with all this at the moment.  I thought I had everything under control for a while but the past few weeks all has gone array.  I am so uncomfortable.  Sorry for having a winge.  Just felt the need.
    • Posted

So sympathetic with you. My mouth was full of ulcers, swollen bleeding gums a couple of weeks ago. I fasted a couple of days to calm things down. I used activated charcoal made from bamboo...very finely ground to brush my teeth...put a little in the palm of my hand and dipped my dampened toothbrush in it. As it has no additives it will not irritate your mouth...and charcoal absorbs the bad stuff. It's messy and a bit gritty...but my mouth calmed down with this and using salt water rinses. I know it sounds yucky...but is not that bad...and the charcoal does do a good job with removing stains as well.
    • Posted

Thanks renee, I will try the salt water rinses. Where do you get the activated charcoal. Never heard of it until recently.
    • Posted

I found the activated charcoal online, but know you can usually find it at a pharmacy as it's helpful item for your home medicine cabinet in the event of an accidental poisoning. It also is a great poultice to use for a bee sting or spider bite. I used it recently on a spider bite that just wasn't healing and the bite healed...draws out the poisons. I've also found a tom's of maine toothpaste that seems very mild...propolis and myrrh. It has a licorice flavor which I'm not very fond of but has not irritated my condition like the mint toothpastes do. I sometimes mix it with a little of the charcoal...but also use both on their own.
    • Posted

Thankyou Renee.  I love licorice so I will be looking into that.
  • Posted

You might also want to try organic (or just regular...if you can't find organic) apple cider vinegar. I've read that others are having some success with this. I've been doing 2 tablespoons per day...and I also put it on my legs...I really believe it has been helping even though I've only done it a couple of times. I also find just spraying plain witch hazel on has been helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.