Crazy stomach issues!? For 2 years...please help?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been having really weird stomach issues for about 2 years now...it comes and goes though, off and on. Sometimes it'll happen and last for a week or two but it fades and comes back during the day throughout that week. Sometimes I won't have any issues for month or two?

My lower right part of my abdomen hurts on and off, it'll be a dull pain that like comes and goes every few minutes. Right inside my hip bone and sometimes toward my belly button. Along with this, a lot of times I feel like I have to go to the bathroom and won't be able to hold it, but most often when I go it'll be pencil thin or pellets, almost none. It's not normal. Pain feels better when I lay down but can get to be almost unbearable if standing or walking.

This is really starting to affect my life negatively and I'm always looking for a bathroom...someone help? I'd hate to go to the doctor and have them just say it's gas or something...but 2 years seems long to me. Also do you think the bowel issues and the stomach pain are connected? Or maybe two separate issues and the pain is from appendix? Ovary? Intestinal blockage? I just don't know. But even 2 years later, the pain is always in the same general spot, never seems to be on my left side. I would think if it was gas or constipation it wouldn't always be there?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi ash81920

You really need to go to your gp and get him/her to refer you for an ultrasound scan or a ct scan to see what is going on in your lower abdomen.....best wishes.....

• Posted

Have you seen your doctor and asked for tests?  Ask for an ultrasound, colonoscopy, endoscopy, CT, celiac and stool tests.  Ask your doctor about IBS.  I was diagnosed with IBS and have pain all over my stomach that moves about and changes in type and severity. I get constipation but I have also had loose stools and nausea.

You could try keeping a food diary.and cut out dairy, gluten, fatty. fried foods and gassy foods such as cabbage, broccoli, and Brussel sprouts.  Try staying clear of anything processed.  This may help identify any trigger foods.

• Posted

I was having the same problem as you. I did an endoscope and it came back normal. I struggle with the stomach pain and flares for almost 5years. Finally, I met another doctor and he decided that I do vitamin d test. After doing the test, it shows vitamin D deficiency. I was given 5000iu to take once a week. Since that time, I haven't experience such stomach pain flares. You might want to get your vitamin D check.
  • Posted

If it were too much gas I would have thought you would have felt it not in just one place byt all over your tummy area, as its in one place all the time I would suggest you take a trip to see your doctor and get it checked, unfortunately your symptoms could point to a whole range of things, it would be impossible to try and self diagnose yourself, and as it has been going on for 2 years I really would urge you to get it cheked out.  I gather you are a lady as you said ovary pain, and it could very well be related to that but you really need to be checked.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.