Crazy symptoms! Am I loosing my mind??

Posted , 3 users are following.

ill cut right to the point; ive been having bizzare symptoms that i cant associate them with anything, doctors gave run tests but cant come up with a reason, they have been off and on for about 3 years, and have become extremely prevelant in the past 8 months. I was taking some clonazepam and alorazapam off and on for the past 4 years, but NEVER everyday, maybe as needed like 2-3 times a week. ive noticed that these symptoms seem to spike a day or two after working out. heres a list of these symptoms:

-severe ringing in ears

-face feeling flushed hot, and feet, while fore arms feel cold

-muscle twitches all over body, random pain behind eye and ears

-headache

-random pounding heart

-depression and hopeless, lack of ambition,

-weird sensation in throat, not pain but feeling kinda cold or like i have to hack up flem,

-sensitivity to cold to touch skin,

-feeling slightly aggresive and jumpy,

-weird sensation like a brain zap or shivers at random(like when you get when you pee)

I realize these are confusing but i dont know where else to turn? im a 33 year old male, i dont do drugs and after these symptoms starting coming on i quit drinking alcohol. These symptoms seem to peak after 2 days after working out or weight training, im so confused! I havent taken any benzo for over 5 months, what the hell is going on with me ??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. My guess is that you are suffering the after effects of benzos. Even though you haven't taken them everyday & have been off them for a while your body is still in withdrawal. This is one of the reasons doctors are reluctant to hand out benzos apart from their addictive nature. However, some symptoms don't seem to match, but the zapping, ringing in the ears, jumpy & so on can be associated with benzo withdrawal. These can last along time even after you stop taking them. But of course i am no doctor so i would advise you speak to your doc about the synptoms you are experiencing & if it is your body reacting to longer having the benzos they may be able to help you overcome this but you will need to be patient. Benzos do serve a purpose but their removal from your system can be quite distressing. Good luck.

• Posted

thank you so much for replying! i havent taken any in over 5 months. so i was just scared because these symptoms are off and on, and sometimes last for 4-5 days at a time and then they will subside for the same amount of time.

• Posted

You're welcome. Benzos are famous for their 'after effects' such as the one's you mention. I might be a good idea to speak to your doc though & see if they can find a way to help alleviate the symptoms though. Not sure if anything can be done but there's no harm in asking. Good luck.

• Posted

Hello, i would say for you to go to the doctor, and get some blood test done.

if you got blood test done but nothing,

was saw/did then reply.

• Posted

Hello, i would say for you to go to the doctor, and get some blood test done.

if you got blood test done but nothing,

was saw/did then reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.