Cream to wash vagina

Posted , 5 users are following.

i told someone On The forum I would look up the name of the wash which the hospital gave me to wash my vaginai with.

It's aqueous cream?; white soft paraffin.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

you now have me checking labels. My store brand "gentle skin cleanser" does not have paraffin, but does have the other ingredients that aqueous cream has along with others that sound safe enough. It is pretty much the same as Cetaphil Cleanser. However, I just purchased (haven't yet tried) a "Hypoallergenic feminine cleanser, for sensitive skin, PH balanced, tested by dermatol's and gyno's" that has a lot more ingredients including fragrance and color. Not too crazy about those last 2. It is a pharmacy brand. The PH mention is what made me buy it, but who knows what the other stuff is when you're in the store rather than in front of the computer. May end up going back to the "gentle cleanser" despite no mention of the PH. It has never irritated me the way soap does so I assume it is neutral. Says safe for babies.
  • Posted

That sounds like Hydromol then.  I stopped using it because the company said it wasn't suitable for internally unless under doctors directions, but when I looked it up the paraffin bit gave the impression that it was more likely to cause infections, but having said that, if it worked the best for me, I'd use it until I found a problem, I think.  I know it was on the NHS list as being water based, but we found out from the company that it was oil based (it's very much like vaseline in some respects I think).
    • Posted

Thanks Chris, Yes it smells like Vaseline. I only use when I am in the shower and will not bother with a repeat prescription.
  • Posted

I use a Fem Wash at least twice daily - available in most supermarkets - it is supposed to be the correct PH level and it works for me.  I have a bidet which is a godsend but not essential!  I take a basin away with me on holiday and since using the wash I have not had any UTIs cystitis or irritation.  Sadly it does nothing for my VA so that challenge goes on.....  I havent put the name of the Fem wash in my message just in case the moderator deletes it. 
    • Posted

Ok, thanks for that. Will look it up. Please message me the name
    • Posted

I'm using the vagisil pro hydrate.  I tried so many different ones but this one works best for me.  I only use it once a day though and try not to get any 'up there' and only use it round the lower parts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.