Creepy cancer dream caused extreme anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, ive been trying to trace back to the thing that caused all my anxiety to help me calm down....

so back in march i was sleeping and in the middle of the night i get this very sharp pain in the side of my left breast which caused me to kind of wake up but i was still somewhat asleep because my eyes were closed. i rolled over to message my breast and as i am doing so i feel a hard lump and i say to my self "its breast cancer". my eyes shot open and i was a little shaken but i didnt think anything of it until the week after i actually did this school report on this lady who found out she had breast cancer through a dream. (also, i didnt have a hard lump, somehow i imagined i felt it)

literally ever since that day ive convinced myself ive had breast cancer, which is dumb because i am only 20 and i dont think i have a real reason to be concerned... the day before i was shocked to find out my friends mom had breast cancer so maybe that triggered my worry...

i went to the doctor and she told me i was fine and not to worry but ever since then i keep thinking my weird dream thing was warning me of the future. i know thats dumb and i tend to over think a lot when it comes to that stuff but its really eating me a live. i still get those sharp breast pains but i think it could be because i have back issues?? they still scare me too.

should i at all be worried?? before this happened i used to be so happy but now i feel like i cant be because of this fear of breast cancer 😦

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

you really have no reason to be worried as your doctor has confirmed. I know it's not easy to stop your mind working on negative thoughts so try to keep yourself occupied and try some physical exercise. I find going for a walk can work wonders. It might also help to ask in your local health food shop for natural remedies to help you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.