Cremaster muscle pull-up

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi

Has anyone heard of a procedure called a cremaster muscle pull-up? I had hernia surgery and the genitofemoral nerve was cut. My left testicle hangs very low now and is painful. I'm always having to adjust myself. I guess they pull the muscle up and reposition the testicle. I can't find any information about it. Please help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mitch,

I have the opposite problem where my testicle constantly retracts and becomes very uncomfortable. To make matters worse I only have this one testicle as my other one was removed for a misdiagnosis of testicular cancer. I was due to have surgery to have my cremaster muscle cut to stop the constant retraction and have been told its irreversible.

I think a low hanging testicle would be far better than a constantly high riding one. Are you sure they didnt cut your cremaster muscle as I think I've read somewhere they do that sometimes during heria surgery for some reason. Maybe this is why it hangs so slow? Think it's called cremasteric resection.

Thanks,

Paul

• Posted

when the doctor went to remove the mesh he said he had to cut the genitofemoral nerve. I thought that nerve was only sensory but now I know it controls the cremaster reflex too. So now the one testicle hangs very low and is sore and painful. I am miserable and have no quality of life. Its getting worse too. I have seen multiple doctors; one said live with it. The other said he recommends an orchiectomy. what is it like living with one testicle if you don't mind me asking?

• Posted

Hi mate thanks for your reply. Are you 100% he hasn't cut your cremaster muscle as well? I have done a lot of research on this area and I read somewhere that they do sometimes cut it when operating for a hernia. It sounds to me you may have some nerve damage or chronic epidydimitis. If you live in the US I would highly recommend speaking to Dr Parviz Kavoussi who is very experienced in this area and offered to operate on my cremaster muscle. I'm in the UK but had a skype call with him a few months ago and I've since found a urologist who was going to do the surgery but it got cancelled due to corona virus.

Having one testicle isn't so bad. With testicles it isn't the losing it that's hard to take mentally, it's how you lose it. Most guys who lose it due to cancer are very happy because it meant they get to carry on living. I lost mine due to a misdiagnosis and even had to tell my friends and family I had cancer then have to surgery to be told a few weeks later there was no cancer to begin with. That was the hardest thing for me. If I were you I would try and keep it and get the nerve pain sorted out. Orchidectomy should only be the last resort, and if you do go down that road I would also say to avoid getting a prosthetic as they are a lot of hassle and you can't even notice I have a testicle so it won't look much different. I had a prosthetic but got it removed as it was causing me so my grief. Overall though, when my surviving testicle isn't causing me pain or retracting up into my groin I feel perfectly fine so I would say it isn't too bad but can take a little while getting used to. Your testosterone can drop a little but but the surviving one will grow and work harder to make more. Hope this helps.

Paul

• Posted

I don't know - he may have cut that muscle but I do know he cut the nerve, I never realized how much it would affect me. I live far from that doctor. I have to figure out what else I can do about this problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.