Criminal injuries compesation appeal tribunal

Posted , 5 users are following.

I won criminal injuries compensation first tie tribunal appeal since 22 march,2018 to date july2018 cica  has not made offer , do anyone knows what happens after winning you coca tribunal appeal , any help advice will be most appreciated

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You have posted your question in a benefits forum. I'm sorry but i can't answer your question because i have no idea. If you have a solicitor then i'd advise speaking to them regarding this.

• Posted

Hi Rube Denise is right you have posted in the wrong forum for this, but I can tell you that like most things the opposing side can appeal against the courts decision, hopefully that want happen, even if they don't appeal it can take quite a while to actually settle the dispute.

Their are law sites/forums you can join, good luck

• Posted

DWP Recovery of Lump Sum Payments

This is a benefit issue in relation to lump sum payments and the DWP recovering benefit payments.

You can find details of lump sum payments here in the official guidance...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/recovery-of-benefits-and-or-lump-sum-payments-and-nhs-charges-technical-guidance/recovery-of-benefits-and-lump-sum-payments-and-nhs-charges-technical-guidance

4.5 Exempt payments in respect of the recovery of listed benefits and lump sum payments

Section 4.5 gives details and according to these guidelines payments from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme are exempt from being clawed back by the DWP.

See...

Any award of compensation made to or in respect of the injured person under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Act 1995 or by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme 1990 or any earlier scheme

So any award by the CICB is disregarded by the DWP.

If you've been claiming means tested benefits and you have gone over the threshold for capital then you are not entitled to claim means tested benefits.  If you have savings of £16,000 or more unless this is a compensation payment in which case you are allowed to have more than £16,000 for up to 12 months after which any savings will be taken into account and any means tested benefits will be affected.

Hope this helps.

EB

• Posted

Hi did you not read the original post by better, it's nothing to do with benefits it's a claim through the courts for criminal injuries, I suggest you read her post to understand how irrelevant your reply is.

• Posted

Hi I did read the original post and the only thing I can see which is related to benefits and payments of compensation is the reply I've posted.

If you (or anyone else) disagrees or thinks it's irrelevant - that's fine by me - have a nice day. biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.