crippling anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well it's been over a week since I drank and my anxiety is still through the roof , mornings mainly but it's always there , I'm still taking the citalopram and mirtazipine but I'm waking up with anxiety and it lingers then all day , yes I drank excessively for months until a week ago while on my meds , does this ever ease ? This week has been torture ! and the brain fog is baaaaad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think this will be your body detoxing be sure you drink plenty of water just breathe through it and I'm sure you will start to feel a lot better soon have faith you'll be ok!
  • Posted

ugh the brain fog feeling off is horrible it feels like I'm going crazy
  • Posted

It's so hard to get through the anxiety when you have m.s so can't work and get bored and fed up , I have been on citalopram and mirtazipine for months and although I wasn't 100% I was slightly better then started drinking everyday 10 bottles of beer , mainly in day times , anxiety is really bad and I'm so hopeful that it will settle , can't believe that a few months of daily drinking can set you back so much . And that it can really upset your mental balance , and bring all that negativity back , really foggy headed , concentration is shot and super super anxious , sorry to go on.......
  • Posted

Good morning Mr. Flinn. Sorry for your discomfort. Maybe you can approach your alcohol problem. Have you thought about trying AA meetings to help? I am not judging you but mixing alcohol and anti depressants can be like a time bomb. You can't cover the alcohol problem up with anti depressants, and u can't cover the depressants with alcohol. Hope you get better. Thank you for being brave and sharing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.