crippling depression chemical for no reason

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi anyone

im new to this type of depression and anxiety if its that im 39 year old male

Not sure what exactly is happening but i couldnt even eat today. the swing of low mood gives me such a low depression its like a sickness from the pit of my stomach and then my brain feels like its closing off i cant cope with this much longer i dont know what to do does any one have any suggestions or can anyone relate to this ? i just feel like things are not real and im panicking and i cant snap back to reality im just so low and nauseas. i dont drink smoke take drugs or any of that stuff either

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Jay I’m really sorry you’re going through this. I know how depression feels and it’s awful. And very difficult to explain. When you have that feeling like things are not real, that is very common with anxiety and depression. It’s not harmful but I know how scary it feels. loss of appetite is a common occurrence with depression.

Do you have anybody to talk to? Family? Friends? your doctor? A therapist? It’s really important to talk to somebody about this and not just keep it to yourself because it’s very difficult to manage alone. Also when we are alone with our thoughts it gets worse. then those thoughts can cause you to panic which makes everything feel worse.

you need support right now. there’s lots of support out there for anxiety and depression. and you can definitely feel a lot better! Think if there’s anything in your life going on that could possibly be causing this. Discuss it with a therapist if possible.

in The meantime, while you are waiting for a counselor or therapist, you can calm yourself down by listening to some great meditations for panic, anxiety and depression, overthinking etc. There are so many on YouTube and I listen to them frequently.

many of them are very soothing and give you comfort and reassurance. But that’s not anything related to treatment it’s just for in the moment to calm you down and relax you. You’re gonna be OK. Take one day at a time, get the help and take it from there.

there are many churches also that you can just go to for some free counseling and they can even point you in the right direction. Hang in there. You will look back on this and be glad that you took the steps to feel better! We are here for you! ❤

• Posted

I do have a new psychologist who i am hoping i can talk things through with ive had 2 sessions so far but im still stuck here. i am caring for my mum on my own (she has dementia) but i dont feel this is related to that or anything i just feel its chemical in my brain. i also have hormonal problems (hypothyroid) which could be some cause. i have had depression on and off most of my life but never ever like this!! I know now fully and i understand why people take their lives.

Do you think its possible to be stuck in this state for ever ? or Do you think it will stop and give me a break ? i literally cant cope much longer like this. I will try some you tube but i am so anxious i feel like walking out for air and i just cant get my thoughts together. Im really grateful for you to take the time and effort to reply to me Thank you for that.

• Posted

jay what you describe could be a lot of different things have you had any bloods teast lately to check for low blood level sugars, vitamins minerals and vitamins . b-12 and d. especilalky b-12 can mimick tiredness low mood and loss of appetite. just a guess...hope you feel better soon.

• Edited

You are probably going through a battle inside you. But if you won’t talk to anyone regarding how you feel, you will probably hurt yourself. It’s best to talk to someone and tell them about how you feel and what is bothering you.

• Posted

hi jay, i think you're having panic attacks which can be really scary but don't last long luckily. can i ask if your heart races and if you feel shaky and exhausted? if so this sounds like panic! deep breaths and counselling to find out what is triggering them. i hope someone helps you. you could also try apps and see if you can find grinding techniques, they help you to live in the now and come back to it quickly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.