Crippling fear of my friends anger? Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys

I hope you are all well.

Cut an extremely long story short, I am terrified of my friends anger after what happened last night.

Basically a few nights ago I was joking to a mutual friend on how I fancied his ex wife. He hates her and is separated.

The mutual friends tried to up with her and at first he found it funny. Later on during the night after many exchanges of texts with her by the mutual friend, it turned into sexting on how she wants to do things with us like crazy etc..

During these exchanges we were all together and when they were laughing and going crazy about her texts they were arranging to meet her that night. During this my friend at what seemed funny at first for him cause he hates her, ended up giving me a terrifying look and said "what have you done Adam? You have caused a problem how are you going to fix it?"

Please help I can't sleep as all of a sudden it seems like he got very angry and is being it all on me and I'm worried our friendship is over and he will do something to me. Please help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It's not your fault he went along with it right? If he hated her so much why would he do that? He's probably scared because I assume he has a girlfriend right now.. I don't think he'll do anything. He's probably just worried this might get him in some type of trouble. Maybe his ex wife has a husband or a boyfriend. Or he's just feeling guilty he started something. Wish you all the best! Maybe they will all forget. Just say it was a prank, a joke. Nothing serious. You were just playing around. Idk lol.😊He's not your friend if he's mad. He was the one texting her? Wasn't he? He shouldn't be putting all the blame on you. He had her number he was the one texting her. Good Luck🙏💕💕💕💖

• Posted

Hi Adam - ex's of friends are off limits, even as a joke. Were you guys drinking when this took place? things can easily get out of hand with booze. Apologise to your friend and block any connection with his ex. If he is too annoyed to see you, you can write an apology. He might need space for a while to deal with his anger. If the friendship is over, you will have to accept that and move on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.