Crisis team!

Posted , 5 users are following.

If you're in the Portsmouth area do not use the crisis team! I don't do complaints except maybe about my life but these people are heartless and couldn't care less about people's feelings! Told them I was going to end my life and they couldn't wait to get off the phone to me, just dismissed me! Well they will see and hopefully won't make the same mistake twice

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

What did they say?
    • Posted

Just told me to sleep and call in the morning they couldn't wait to get off the phone to me x
    • Posted

Sigh. Effin useless. Then again maybe you got somebody who wasn't experienced enough in your case? Would make some sense, bit not an excuse really. Maybe you should get some sleep and contact Dr, gp tomorrow morning? Go in as emergency?
  • Posted

I have to be honest it seems like the uk and their mental health system is in need of a huge uhual. Very frieightening and discouraging how difficult it seems to get proper help. And reading this about the crisis team is just disgusting. Your life is of great importance and maybe you cant see how but it is. You are part of a bigger picture. Who ever answered that phone should be fired.clearly they are in the wrong profession. You should have asked if they had a supervisor that you could speak with as you are in a crisis and in need of someone who can help you not ignore you. Sending huge hugs to you and i hope you are feeling better.
    • Posted

You know... I have noticed that the UK has A LOT of problems with their mental health system, as well. I'm from the US, but I've noticed people from the UK tend to be having a tougher time, overall.
  • Posted

That's not right. I'm not sure what the suicide hotline numbers are in the US, but I'm sooo sorry that they did that to you. sad
  • Posted

I am so sorry that happened Dondons, but on the other hand I am so happy to see you posting.  I have been worried.

Please keep posting and hopefully someone will have good advice on how to best deal with your complaint about the Crisis team.

Patxxxxx

• Posted

Hi, thank you everyone for your replies, it was horrible the way they treated me but luckily I fell to sleep last night before doing what I'd planned and have woken today with a positive attitude to start trying to take control of my life...sod the mental health! I'm going to do this by myself and feel a lot better for it. I'm not that naive to think i can change over night but I can't remember the last time I woke with this mindset, so I guess In a way I should thank the crisis team!

Thank you again for your replies

Dondons

xxx

• Posted

Unfortunately, the so-called help lines don't always really help. 

Case in point.  My daughter received a call once from a friends mother who said she was going to commit suicide.  She immediately called a hotline but was told not to worry, that the ones who talk about it, never do it.  Two days later, the lady was dead.

dondons, I'm so happy you are still with us.  Hang in there, many of us care about you.

• Posted

Hi, I know what you mean, i've attempted suicide a few times. I feel like life is not worth living.

I try and push myself, but it only takes a little knock for me to fall back down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.