Crohn's and Genital HSV1

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have HSV1 and am dating a man with Crohn's. Ive had it since November and am on suppression therapy so I haven't had any outbreaks since then. I told him and he said he needs some time to think and do some research.

Anyone have any experience with this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

He is most likely on drugs that suppress his immune system so he is at increased risk of getting it as well as his immune system won't be capable of fighting it being immunosuppressed. He needs to be careful of diseases like that. I have CD myself and in order to stay in a healthy state we need some for of immune suppresion. Maybe both of you should talk to the doctor together and discuss the risks. It is unfortunate that one has to worry about this. I hope you can figure out a solution.
    • Posted

Thank you. And I'm sorry that you have this horrible disease. I see first hand what he goes through.
    • Posted

Yea, it is bad and it is tough for people with it to find a person who can cope with it. I think he has found someone special. He will make the right choice. He must be careful not to get it but that can be achieved with protection and you shouldn't have sex when you are broken out. Don't worry, try to be there for him and he will realize that you are good for each other.
    • Posted

Your words are very kind. Thank you. And best of luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.