Crohn S and milk

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anybody heard of any link between milk and crohns ? Doctor was also asking about tb could there be a link?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Sandy.

I have Crohns and Diverticulitis and have no problem with milk or other dairy products but everyone is different.

• Posted

I heard about this a long time ago but it was old research in the 90s. Recently I was informed it may have some relevance, not relating to being lactose intolerant or as a result of TB in cows but something else. I would be interested in finding out what the latest research is suggesting, if there is a long term issue as I too have no problem drinking milk on a day to day business. It seemed to suggest a link between having a crohns gene and something in milk causing crohns.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.