Crohn’s disease??? HELP?!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve had trouble eating for about ten years now and every time I eat I shoot into unbearable pain for hours on end...Always told it was just IBS. Now I’m beginning to think otherwise. I am diagnosed with fibromyalgia but my recent symptoms have been like nothing I’ve ever experienced before. Over the last year my symptoms disappear and reappear at random times for no apparent reason. They are:

-Abdominal pain and cramping(in top center of stomach, as well as the right side under rib cage and near appendix)

-Chills/Fever

-Nausea

-Bloody painful stool

-Fatigue

-unintentional Weight loss (20pounds)

-Lightheadedness (sitting to standing)

-Inconsistent bowels (constipation/diarrhea)

-Frequent gas... bowel movement 1-2 times a day... use to be every other day

-Pain in rectum(crampy feeling)

-Pain and inflammation in joints

All blood tests as well as X-ray, ultrasound and catscan always come back normal.

What worries me is the fact that my stomach is always tense feeling in those spots. Seeing a GI but haven’t found anything yet. Endoscopy Wednesday! 

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I’ve also been experiencing extremely dry eyes. Fibromyalgia has made my eyes ache, but never dry out and burn so bad that it’s impossible to keep them open.
  • Posted

Hi I’m wondering what sort of tests have you had done?

blood work?

colonoscopy?

anything like that

• Posted

Ok so just re read your mail and can now see I’ve missed a bit!

there is nothing to worry about with the endoscopy, so try to keep calm that really helps!

crohns and colitis is different for everyone, but normally there will be some kind of inflammation of the gut, which to my experience is found whilst looking in the gut, and can also be found in blood indicators!

however I had a really bad issue a few years ago, that didn’t really show up until the did an ultrasound.

the difference between ibd and ibs is the inflammation, but I’m sure you know this.

my advice for what it’s worth is to keep asking questions, if they think it’s ibs why? Then explain another problem your having, it might not be just one thing in my case it wasn’t and i knew that, I’ve had Crohn’s for a very long time, I can read my body pretty well for were the Crohn’s is concerned, but I’m sorry to say that comes with experience and acceptances,

i hoe it works out x

• Posted

Hi,, First of let me say that I am sorry to hear what you are going through. It really annoys me when reading some of these letters to see how long it is taking to diagnose these conditions and all the time that this is being done the condition is getting worse and doing more damage, my personal opinion is that there is not a condition called IBS this is just an excuse when they do not know what it, is similar to doctors saying that you have a virus when they do not know what is wrong with you.   I was diagnosed with crohns 53 yrs ago when there were no such test as MRI and ultrasound scans, colonoscopys  etc. I am at the moment going through what I think is a flare up and initial blood test showed no signs of infections. so was given the all clear when this persisted the consultant decided to do a stool sample test which came back showing infection which concerns me how many time diagnoses are missed by not carrying out the appropriate test. I am now booked for my first colonoscopy. Surely there is one test out of all those available that could give a definite diagnoses instead of going through all of these invasive procedures. I think that if you had a consultant who suffered from this condition then you would get a diagnoses sooner.  I hope you are diagnosed soon so they can start with appropriate treatment 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.