Crohn's disease with very big ulcers in mouth

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello I am Silvia and I am begging you to help me with some advices for a proper treatment! My dad suffers from cirrhosis of the liver from 4-5 years, but now he also has the Crohn's disease. This disease makes him suffer too much, he feels huge pain, he loses weight, he can't eat, drink or talk. His ulcers appear in the mouth all the time. He is in hospital now which happens often to him, but after he comes home, the ulcers appear again in a worse form. Please advise me for some helpful treatment and good medications, because I can't see him suffering so much, it is breaking my heart! Thank you so much in advance!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

How old is your Dad? sad
  • Posted

He is 55. Very good and funny man but this disease is killing him from pain sad
  • Posted

Strange how the hospital can restore him to some semblance of health and yet he relapses so predictably within a few months(?), the hospital must be giving him something that really helps but then they must pack him off home with none (or not enough) of whatever it is rolleyes Other than his mouth where else is the Crohn's affecting? sad
  • Posted

Well, at first the doctors thought it was ulcerative colitis and they have been treating him for a year thinking that's the right diagnose. One week ago they came up with the decision it's Crohn's disease. He will stay for a second week in hospital, but the worst thing is the ulcers grow even bigger which is impossible, because they give him so many medications, but the pain won't stop sad He's taking flagyl, hydrocortisone (60mg), metronidazole, salofalk, propranolol, legalon, vitamin E and other sprays and gels. These are both for his cirrhosis and Crohn's sad
  • Posted

He has ulcers only in the mouth but he feels very strong pain in the throat too. Apart from that he has oesophageal varices in II stage.
  • Posted

Since your Dad is so poorly I'd be asking the Doctors why they are still messing about with this bog standard treatment and not going down the Chemotherapy with Infliximab route sad
  • Posted

Thank you very much for taking time to read and reply to my comments, you are a good person and I really appreciate it! May I ask what are you doing in life? I mean what is your job?
  • Posted

I'm afraid I'm unemployed, too ill to work,, but I've done loads of things in my time :D
  • Posted

Ok, I see wink Your nickname sounds very medical smile
  • Posted

Haha yes, you might have seen my TV programme ;D
  • Posted

Haha I always like sense of humor smile! Where are u from and what is your interest in this medical website and in posting comments by sympathizing to people's diseases? (which is noble!) If I may ask of course...
  • Posted

I am from Birmingham in the West Midlands, England. I don't know what my interest is in this website and the other peoples problems, I guess I'm just interested in what people have got to say and how well (or not) they are, sometimes people have terrible problems but mostly they're not too bad. I have read peoples problems here for a long time so I've read many many many peoples problems, what they think about them and how they are treated for them smile
  • Posted

Raging Crohn's Disease is a pretty terrible and life changing problem ;(
  • Posted

But you mentioned you're ill too sad?

Yes, the Crohn's disease is horrible which is making me really sad because my dad means the world to me sad

• Posted

Yeah I'm ill but I'm fed up of going on about it, ill is normal now :D Where are you? How is your Dad eating? It's not the Crohn's that'll be the end of him it'll be the starvation, lack of vitamins and minerals etc sad Hopefully they'll be feeding him TPN if / when things become impossible,, the Ulcers in his mouth may be just the tip of the iceberg you see, those Ulcers could be spread out from his mouth to his bottom, they call them 'skip lesions' sad

You Dads situation isn't impossible, it's just a bad case,, maybe you should seek help, counseling or something, you must be just a little depressed rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.