Crohn's or not? Anyone have a similar experience? Appreciate any insight...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

My symptoms started about a month ago with what I presumed was an infection (fever, diarrhea for a day).  Since then I've had pretty much constant abdominal pains that are mild, occasional cramps and are located mostly left lower, lower and right lower.  My stools are frequent, mushy but have never been bloody and the diarrhea has very much improved.  My appetite is poor and I have trouble sleeping due to churning / gurgling and cramps.  Occasionally I've woken up in the middle of the night to have a BM.  Had a colonoscopy that showed a couple areas in my colon and terminal ileum of "focal, mildly active inflammation and cyptitis".  Pathologist said "not characteristic of Crohn's but cannot rule it out".  GI doc is not convinced it's Crohn's, thinks it's more likely a post infectious inflammation that will eventually calm down.  Plan is to wait a few months and see what happens.  Anyone else have a similar experience?  Did your symptoms get better with time or did you end up on treatment / diagnosed with Crohn's? 

Thanks for any insight!

Max

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Im in very similar position, but happening since december.

Had a couple days of bad watery diarrheoa in december, stools have been mostly mushy since, going regularly once a day, usually when i wake up. Diet has been good, seems like im slowly improving, but there is a constant feeling that i know im not 100% myself.

Had a colonoscopy last week and found ulcers in my terminal ilium, waiting for the biopsy results now just hoping its after effects of an infection, only blood i have had is from a fissure which has cleared up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.