crohn vomiting

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I had crohn for a few year now but can anyone tell me if vomiting nearly every week is normal with crohns I don't get any warning at all I can be sitting watching TV then am having to grab a towel or something to catch the sick till I get to the loo it can be really bad

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I am sick sometimes once a week sometimes more often, Usually in a morning.  Once I have been sick I am fine.  It us generally when I have been busy the day before.
  • Posted

I'm usually only sick if I'm having a flare up, the pain causes the sickness. Occassionally if I've had a big meal I will be sick but apart from that I'm okay.

• Posted

Hi Chris thank for replying see that the think I hardly eat I do drink a lot of blackcurrant deluted juise and milk that all
    • Posted

I know it sounds weird but have you tried baby food - the smooth stuff? If I'm feeling bad it's the only thing I can keep down. Milk is good but too much juice is a bit acidic for your stomach. It's a bit like being pregnant, finding something that you can keep down x
  • Posted

Hey Susan,

I have you told your medical team about this. I don't want to scare you but from my Experince I had the same issue. I just couldn't keep food down. But it would only be once or twice a week. I then had a MRI done and it showed that I had a huge stricture(narrowing of the gut). I than had to have surgery.

I was told to try reduce and dairy when I was vomitting Not sure why. And also have soft easy to diegest food. Such as purée foods.

I hope you get better soon

• Posted

Hi Mick thank but I don't have a medical team the hospital am seen at the docter am under now is useless when am talking if as if he really couldn't give a dam am on anti sickness table but am having to take a lot more than I should but thanks I will try staying of the juice to see if that helps as I do get a lot of acid coming up all the time x
  • Posted

Thanks for that.  I have told my team of medics and no one seems concerned.
  • Posted

I must be very lucky.  I have two consultants, one for rheumatology and one for crohns who talk to each other.  Two crohns nurses, 3 rheumatology nurses a OT nurse a physiotherapist , a cancer nurse and an excellent GP and practice nurse.  I could not be better cared for.  The NHS at its best.  They copy me all the communication from the hospital to the GP.
  • Posted

Hi!

I haven't been diagnosed with crohns but they suspect it is some kind of IBD.

I have the same problem as you!! Mine is everyday and its so draining! Was wondering whether you got any answers regarding yours? 

• Posted

I did get some tablets from the docs to stop me feeling sick but they don't often work.  Usually I feel better if I am just sick then rest for 30 mins and ok again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.