Crohnes

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All, 

I am pretty new to all this, I was diagnosed with crohns in October 2015, so still waiting to really start my meds. I was also diagnosed with a stomach ulcer so agian more medication for that . At present I am on Azathioprine 25mg and Oneprazole 20mg. I have an appointment on the 19th January to see the GI (cant spell it )biggrin so hopefully be a little more clued up on the condition , any info from you guys would be great mainly on what to expect and really what happens next . 

Thanks 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi wee lady sorry you have had to join the club 😳 But there is lots of advice on this site. I had stomach ulcer to and the Omeprazole is brilliant. You may have to try different treatments to ease your crohns symptoms as everyone responds differently. I ended up having surgery to remove part of my bowel in 2010 due to obstructions but have been doing well since. I wish you luck for the future and remember there are lots of us here to help you so don't feel alone.
  • Posted

Hope your g.i. Appt goes well, crohns uk is a good resource for info.
  • Posted

Hi Wee lady,

I have had crohn's for 52 years and had many resections of small bowel the last was August of 15 and still have inflammation and a narrowing. I also am on azathioprine 50mg 1xday, and also pentasa 2 4xper day. I haven't had a ulcer but crohns can develope from the mouth to the anas. Lot of people on here can give you more information. Wish you well and good health.

• Posted

If you are on Aza then you have certainly started your meds . If that suppresses the main symptoms you may be on it for some time.

I didn't tolerate Aza and went on 6-MP and been on that for  5 months now. Your GI appointment is a 3 month review I think to see how you are tolerating the drugs and your general health.

My GI did not give me too much info on CD but the IBD nurses did thereafter.

Be wary of FB forums which abound with experts and people flogging supposed "miracle" cures to a vulnerable and needy group of folk.

Good luck Wee ladyRegards

Pete

• Posted

Hi Wee lady, sorry to hear you have crohn's. I have some advice, just watch what you eat. How is the crohns mild or severe is it?

• Posted

Hi Stephaney. 

Pleased to say crohns is mild, i seen my doctor last Thursday for results of biopsies that i had from my stomach, i found out that i had two large ulcers and i also found out where my cronhs is... I have it in the lilium .

My eating has been better since starting on the meds and yep im finding out what not t oeat, its all the nice stuff i like 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.