Crohns, chest pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

So since yesterday iv had sharp shooting pains in left side of chest and middle in sternum tightening does anyone no what this might be as hurts moving and making me cough all time ?? 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Might be acid reflux which can cause chest pain and coughing.  Do you experience any burning sensations or acid coming up into your throat?  Try milk or OTC antacids to see if it helps the sensations you are having.

If ir goes on longer than a week, see your doctor.

• Posted

No just the sharp pains and short breath but then my stomach starts hurting and sweating first time it’s done it that bad and even starts my head in middle at the top to hurt sad xxx
    • Posted

I have somewhat similar pain but without coughing. Mine hurts my upper left stomach and feels like a punch in solar plexus. Walking and doing anything either aggravates or tightens the upper left and upper middle stomach. It feels like either a severe cramp or like getting punched.
    • Posted

Best to see your doctor for tests to uncover the cause.  It could be many things.
  • Posted

But your seems related to esophagus or lungs.
    • Posted

That’s why I was worried about as it’s not muscle or a crohn’s type of pain I usually get it’s. Deep behind my ribs centre and left side sad x
    • Posted

It’s more sharp pains when I’m breathing in and out , & feels heavy x

• Posted

I feel that too mine is severe but is in the upper stomach below left and middle ribcage rather than chest. Your coughing suggest you might have GERD or Hiatal Hernia or simply nothing but bunch of muscles and nerves playing up. But your coughing is a sign of either lung problem or acid reflux.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.