Crohns of the vulva (vagina)

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a ilestomy for 7 years, I had a emerancey operation may 2008. 4 years ago I had my rectum stump removed. Since then, I have been to my gp and hospitail, I have crohns of the vulva.

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi iv'e just been diagnosed with crohn's , i had a flare up in march the treatment has helped but ive had the same problem as you also have a sore mouth , my gp gave me steriod cream that helps but when i stop it comes straight back could this be connected to the crohn's ?
    • Posted

Hi Kathryn, yes it is connected with the crohn's. Sorry to hear you have crohns, what meds are you on?

• Posted

Gastro doctor has given me mesalazine to start with ,it's brought the swelling down but i'm still having pain i suppose it will take time it's took ten years to get diagnosed , but at least i know what it is now . Did it come on you quite quickly i see youv'e had surgery ?
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply Stephaney
    • Posted

Hi Kathryn, unknown to me I had for years. I went to see my gp at the time she said it was heavy periods, only went I got blood results back my gp reserved a bed at hospital. Then, in Hosp my big bowel burst had bloods transfusions but I was rushed into surgery. cry
  • Posted

Hi that must have been scary for you ,iv'e had a couple of scares when my bowel twisted and next time it blocked , i also have bleeding too , its took me ten years to get a diagnosis due to idiot doctors ,but im happy with the doctor i have now , what treatment are you on for vulva ? do you have splits of the skin its very painful i cant seem to get rid of it . thanks Katy
    • Posted

Hi, I am on Azathioprine 50mg, I was told it could take 3 to 4 months fir tablets work n he flare up. I have ulcers on inside their itchy sore and sting.
    • Posted

Sorry took so long to reply ,Im seeing doctor in 2 weeks hopefully i get it under control ,Thanks for your replies hope you get better soon 
    • Posted

Hi Kathryn,  that's good your seeing a doctor. I hope you get it under control. I just got to wait and see.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.