Crohns test

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi , anyone had a clear pillcam but still have crohns ? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes i did.
    • Posted

What happened ? I’ve has clear tests but still in slot of pain with elevated calprotectin 
    • Posted

My symptoms started 3 years ago so had loads of tests. Pill cam was normal. Had patchy inflammation and ulcers shown on colonoscopy. 3 lots of steroids which gave relief. Only got a diagnosis of crohns 6 weeks ago so has been a long time!! I am now on azathioprine so hoping they work!! It can take ages but all you can do is plod on and wait 😏

• Posted

yes i did, this year, also had a clear colonoscopy but still was having many bad days/weeks especially in the evening, sometimes going to the toilet 15 times a day.  My consultant thinks this may be microscopic crohns and has put me on budesonide which works really well and none of the side effects of pred.
  • Posted

My last 2 colonoscopies came back clear and I just had a small bowel CAT scan a few wks ago and no evidence of disease.  but I still have the symptoms.  Doctor wants to put me back on a biologic.  I should say i also have RA and a medication that treats both autoimmune diseases

would be tried.  I didn't tolerate humira or cimzia

• Posted

biologics are very costly drugs that are usually tried after the DMARDS are used and you were not able to tolerate them or they didn't work for whatever autoimmune disease you have as a diagnosis

you need to get approval from your insurance company and unless you can get copay by the pharmacy manufacturer they are out of reach financially for almost everyone.   I do live in the US and we have private insurance that has been allowing me to use them (with copay) but once we are on medicare you are no longer eligible 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.