Crones

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi iv had crones and now got a bag not able to work at the moment or claim is there any grants available to apply for 

Thanks 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, Sorry you are having a bad time at the moment, but it does get better with time. It is a strange one because some Councils will allow a Disability Payment because of the Stoma, but others don't. Try joining your local National Association of Crohns and Colitis which may be able to help with more knowledge. You could always try the Citizens Advice Bureau who have their hands on the pulse for benefits. In the early stages I never told anybody I had a stoma, almost as if I was embarrassed to say, but now after nearly 25 years I don;t mind anybody knowing, but the silence does not help you get help.  Good luck and I am sure there is something you can apply for, but it will probably be the result of the stoma and surgery making you unable to do things easily as opposed to a natural payment. You could also ask your surgery if they have any advice to give you. Your prescriptions should be free and if they are not, they need to be.

Bestr wishes

Sheila

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.