Cronic burping

Posted , 7 users are following.

I feel like a disgusting pig.  I used to rarely burp now I have uncontrollable loud burping that can go on for hours and hours.  I also have pains in the weirdest places that when I rub I burp.  They feel like I have pulled a muscle but it is wind trapped inside eg shoulder blades, behind the knees, ankles etc.  Also my stomach swells so bad I look about 7 months pregnant.  I don't suffer from heartburn.  Can someone help.  I feel like a freak and it is getting worse and effecting my life.  On Ranitidine & Losec for GERD

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi - it could possibly be a hiatus hernia as you get refferal pain all over the chest area. It is a bit scarey isnt it? I used DGL  got off all the meds eventually and have never felt better and energy has returned. Wouldnt know I had a hiatus hernia now. Can you lose any weiight as shedding 20 kg made an ernormous difference to me and did wonders for BP. You could try to find a Naturapath. I was so bad for a couple of years that drinking water brought on the belching and shocking chest pains. I tthink the DGL has healed my throat and stomach. Best of luck and never give up!
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply.  I will try the DGL.  Im walking every day and only a couple of kgs overweight but Im hoping to lose it over the summer.  
    • Posted

Yes it is. We get ours from the States as we dont seem to have discovered it yet here in Australia. About 7 cents a pill so its darn cheap. You need 6 a day but absolutely nothing nasty happens if you miss a dose. Also get magnesium oil from the same bunch and use it transdermally on feet. I'm sure we werent getting proper magnesium due to PPI's not allowing absorbsion due to low acid. Its a slippery slope isnt it?
    • Posted

If you go to the Amazon USA site and for Enzymatic Chewables you will find over 200 comments on their use. I like Amazon as you know there is no way all these replies/reviews could be plants. For us in Australia, Amazon dont send here which is rather weird as we use them all the time for other stuff!
  • Posted

Charcoal tablets can help with wind and bloating but they can interfere with the working of the other meds that you take. If you look in Health on the Daily Mail website it had an article about charcoal tablets on Monday. 

I often joke that I have wind/indigestion in my leg etc so you are not alone:-)

• Posted

Thank u for saying that Derek.  I feel like Im going insane.  For years I thought I tore tendons in my shoulders from working out then my sister-in-law who is a nurse told me it is common to have wind pain there especially after losing your gall bladder but I get those pains all over my body which I think is weird.  I had a rough night.  Not much sleep and when I woke I thought I pulled a muscle in my bad.  Rubbed some Deep Heat on and I burp.  Had a really rough week with the GERD...burping and bloating...will try the charcoal...thanks
    • Posted

Mine has been worsened this week after having been prescribed Cipro for an infection.

I mentioned Charcoal to my doctor a few weeks ago and he was surprised that it is still around. A former doctor in 1970 first precribed it for me.

• Posted

I am currently a full time law student and wil finish next year.  If I can't get this under control I will be unemployable so grateful for the advice  

• Posted

It will be a change from a titter ran around the court.
    • Posted

I have awful pain between my shoulder blades and belching all the time I've had it for 3days now what did you take to ease it x

• Posted

You have not posted recently. I hope that that means that things improved for you.
  • Posted

I would say maybe the medicine is your problem or possibly gallstones, when I had gallstones I had chronic burping and farting.  It was awful
  • Posted

Hi - after reading all the other great replies I reckon you are a top candidate for hiatus hernia, i failed to mention that it can indeed cause heavy pain in the back and shoulders. Why not try drinking 8oz of warm water with a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (organic). Take this on awakening and the more you can gulp it down the better. Then standing up lift up on the balls of your feet and keep suddenly dropping down on your heels. Try to do this for a few minutes. What it does is move the hernia down out of the diaphram. Good demo on Dr Oz. Mine gets stirred up by lifting (totally stupid). Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.